or Connect

Posts by black_umbrella

My gay men straight men though is apparently wrong. http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2009-10/hu-fga103009.php
PhD 101: google > other search engines for initial unfocused lit searches. Especially in social science. http://m.livescience.com/5502-men-agree-hot-women.html Theres another, but i have to do these 1 at a time from the phone.
The only study i found doing a quick search indicated that men have a strong consensus on attractiveness and there was little consensus with women. I wonder if straight men and gay men would have a consensus on male attractiveness...
There's probably a study where straight women and gay men rate attractiveness of men. Would be interesting if there was a correlation. I would assume that there would be.
Androgeneity/feminism in mens fashion icons, or whatever, isn't exactly a new thing (thank you david bowie et. al). But it never really catches on in the mainstream, regardless of what scifi tells us, the unisex jumpsuit of the future just never really shows up. The last few hundred year or so of menswear has kinda been pushing around the margins rather than massive shifts. Skirts, for example, still not all that popular for guys in western societies. Massive...
There was an interesting observation that most of the Thom Browne inspired suits in brooksbrothers lineup now skew towards looking like womens-wear suits on male models. This is probably enhanced by the model selection for the pictures. A good example is this fit (observation and pic from ivy style) this is not a good look and the fit would probably get reamed on waywrn. maybe. The point of this was to push back against T, that there is some absolutisms in menswear...
Nope. A wedding would tend to require a shepherd's check, glen plaid, or houndstooth. That tie is objectively bad.
While not quite a fit bay of pigs, it's close.
Here is my madison fit tweed
The main point is, that's not quite enough info. For example, i am 6'4" and weigh 200 lbs and wear a 40L. What size you wear is more about what your body weight distro is like (cyclist thighs here) than anything else. The madison is full in the chest but narrow in the shoulders, sometimes sack like. It is almost too short on me, but i am torso long. I'll see if I can find a pic of me wearing my madison jacket.