or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

Walnut, Bourbon, Brown. Sorry for bad photo, but hopefully this helps. Disclaimer, my Bourbon Strands were very different from my Bourbon Flatirons - your mileage may vary.Chris
They have new webgems on the AE site. Merlot calf - including MacNeils and Strands and some others. Chris
I'm in the same boat - I can't wear the Patriot due to a high instep.The loafer that fits me very well is the Westchester - but it has been discontinued. And the Jermyn also fits me well - but it is also discontinued.The Nashua fits me very well, so if you can go a bit more casual I would suggest you try that one.I'm hoping for something new as I cannot wear most loafers currently offered by AE.Chris
My brown / navy mesh Strawfuts fit the same as my McAllisters. - but more comfortable as the mesh is very forgiving. If you are looking at the linen Strawfut, they are fully lined, so I would think they would fit the same as a McAllister.Chris
I have Strands, Park Aves, and Flatirons. The 333 last definitely feels wider than the 5 last, but not much longer. The 333 last is much more fully fitting in the toe box. I wear a 9.5D in the 5 last and the 9.5D in the 333 last fits me. However, I feel a 9.25D would be perfect in the 333 last. I tried a 9E in the 3 last and the heel was too big.
I still use my colored laces. I like to match them with socks or the shirt if I'm wearing a brighter color shirt. I don't know if the trend is over. Where I am located I don't know if I have seen anybody else with colored laces. But that's fine - I also see a lot of square toe shoes and other "fashion" choices I don't follow.Chris
Here is a link from their website.http://content.allenedmonds.com/catalogs/2013_AE_Fall.pdfChris
I would say those would not work with a suit. The AE Rough Collection was not really designed for suits.Just my .02.Chris
Agreed. I am very glad there is an American-made shoe option still out there.I hope the AE folks are reading this and will pass on our appreciation for all they do right here in the USA.And I also want to send out my appreciation for all the workers in the USA that make this country great. Thank goodness we have a lot of great American-made things to go along with our shoes!Chris
I wear the same size in the 1,5, and 7 last.Chris