or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

Today I'm wearing my oldest AE's. Burgundy McAllisters that were a Christmas gift from my wife in 1990. They have been recrafted once.
Hinsdales dressed up for St Patrick's Day
Gunboat Wednesday - walnut grain MacNeil
I tried some on at my local menswear store and they are very comfortable. I didn't buy any because all the styles available are duplicates of what I already have. But I would say these would be a great alternative to Rockports, etc. And, in my opinion, they look nicer than Rockports.Chris
Bourbon Strands on some really bad office carpet
As far as socks, I just go with what I like. No real matching - I don't usually wear a tie or pocket square. I usually wear slacks and a sport coat with no tie. Today I am wearing a blue check shirt and blue/grey faint patterned sport coat. I really like these sock with tan slacks so they got the pick this morning.When I wear suits, I don't go with loud socks. I keep it more subtle - maybe a pattern, but nothing that stands out.Chris
Another short-lived AE model - the Parliament. One of the most comfortable AE shoes I own (on the 678 last) and rubber Executive sole perfect for rainy days.
These don't feel any different than my other AE's.Chris
From the "you don't see these very often" files - burgundy Lombard from the short-lived Executive Collection.
Rainy day here - one of the reasons I bought the Clark Street.