or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

I bought my 333 last shoes in the same size as my 5 last AE's - 9.5D. They are a bit roomier, but I don't think I could go a 9D. They feel like a 9.25D would be perfect. But I would rather have a shoe a tad on the big side than a tad on the small side. I usually try to wear a little bit thicker sock with the 333 last shoe.Chris
I really like my MaxfieldsI also like my NashuasBoth of these will get a lot of wear this summer.Chris
I would use AE Cleaner / Conditioner (or Lexol is probably very similar). I would go with neutral polish as any brown would only make them darker.I am wearing mine today. They are definitely dark brown, but mine wouldn't pass for black. I bought mine in a store so I could make sure I was good with the color. They are definitely a lot darker than the bourbons you see out there.Chris
New Dark Chocolate Daltons picked up today. I have the Cascades, but those are lower and far more casual. I am really liking these. I was wearing some medium gray wool slacks when I tried them on and it looked very nice. I just put on a little AE Cleaner / Conditioner and buffed them. Chris
I have a chance to get some first quality brand new Dalton boots in the dark chocolate calf at half price. I have never had this type of boot - I have the Cascade but that is much less formal. So I'm not sure how to wear a "dress" wingtip boot. Please show me some examples of your Dark Chocolate (or any color) Dalton boots to convince me to pull the trigger. Thanks Chris
I use AE Cleaner Conditioner and AE Leather Lotion on my natural McTavish and have no noticeable color change.Chris
I love my Chili WinhallsChris
I have Sanfords and Manchesters on the 7 last and they fit the same as my 5 last shoes. I wear the same size in both.Chris
Better pictures of my new Rush Streets. The other photos I posted were the sales rep's samples in the store. These are mine after a coat of AE Leather Lotion. These show the color more accurately. Chris
The Rush Street has landed. They just came in at my local menswear / shoe store. The shoe fits great (at least for me). It fits just like my Strands, but the chromexcel is softer and the Dainite sole is more flexible than the leather. I think this shoe will get a lot of wear as it will go with just about everything I wear except suits.They also got the Carlyle in. Beatiful shoe in Walnut. But it was too tight across the top of my foot - I have a relatively high...