or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

Fall officially starts Wednesday. Even though it is 90+ here still, I know boot weather is not far away. So with that in mind I am posting my boots to get ready! My local menswear / shoe store has some brown grain Dundees coming in, they might find their way to my closet. Chris
I have the Dalton boot and I got the same size as 95% of my other AE's - including the Strand - 9.5D. They fit like all the other AE's I have. The only AE's I have that are not 9.5D are the Odenwald and one pair of my McTavish, both in 9D (strangely enough, the other pair of McTavish is a 9.5D).Just my experience.Chris
PSA - there are some black Shaker Heights in 9 1/2 D on the Shoe Bank for $127. Fall is coming up and the Shaker Heights is a great fall boot. Somebody buy these so I am not tempted! http://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=8722S&DIM=D&SIZE=095 Chris
My local menswear / shoe store had one.
The photo of the Overlord in AE catalog is much better looking than the photo on the AE website.
Lots of new styles on the site - including the Normandy and First Avenue boots. Chris
These were made as a regular option for a while by AE. It was before they started doing seasonal items via Webgems. I bought these from the Shoe Bank in the summer for $99. I figured I could have a limited-wear fun shoe for that price.Chris
I wear these at Christmas. I don't wear them very often, but it's fun when I do.Chris
Here is a pic from AE's blogChris
I like the laces, especially if you are wearing the blue shirt. The only thing that might make it better would be some patterned socks with some blue in them.Thumbs up from me.Chris