or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

Wingtip blucher, but not a long wing, that is a bit shorter than the Dalton. And it has the lug sole intead of leather. Somewhat distressed - kind of like the new darker brown Mctavish. In the photos they have red laces.
The boots didn't look to be that dark of a grey - they are kind of disressed where the grey is a bit lighter than the Park Avenue. Take a look at the Pierpont on the AE website - the grey is closer to that, but maybe just a tad darker than the Pierpont grey.Chris
See post above - dark brown, brown, and grey. Yes, they are a wingtip.They height looks to be between the Cascasde and the Dalton.Chris
Long Branch boot update - the colors I saw that will be available are dark brown, brown (more reddish brown), and grey. They also showed the Black Hills in a grey. I remember the AE sales rep telling me grey was going to be big this Fall. Chris
I just got back from my local menswear / shoe store and I took a peek at their Fall 2012 AE catalog. The shell cordovan Dalton they showed in the catalog is burgundy - and it looks great.Chris
AE went to a black insole about 2008-2009 (not sure of exact date, but around there). Previously they used the natural colored insole. A lot of people found the black insole to be too hard and complained. So AE went back to the natural insole in about 2010 (again not sure if that is an exact date). My local menswear / shoe store still has a few AE's with black insoles, but they are non-standard sizes and have been on the shelf a couple of years. So there are some new...
Yes, there are. I was at my local menswear / shoe store yesterday and they showed me the new Fall book. There is a Neumok like boot - unlined and available in blue - and the Long Branch which is the wingtip lug sole mid height boot I saw this Spring. There was also a gray boot - and it did not have that strap that was on the design contest boot.Chris
New AE's on the website. New Park Avenue colors - Granite Grey and Walnut Cloud New McTavish color - dark brown (already shown ealier on this thread) Players - now in Walnut and Black calf (not sure if that was there before) and the Bitter Chocolate suede is back Hamptons - now in brown burnished/brown grain and black/black grain Ridgeway is back Pierpont - gray / navy saddle Flagstaff - new casual penny loafer Parkway - new split toe blucher (black grain is a...
That's the one I saw when I met the AE sales rep earlier this year - it is on my must have list and my local store has them coming. I have the tan, but I think this color is going to be great for Fall.Chris
The one I saw earlier this year was called the Long Branch and it was a low boot. Check out this link to Amazon - the Long Branch is in the URL, but nothing on the page yet. I'm guessing August 1 for the release date.http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Allen-Edmonds-Long-Branch/dp/images/B008L36R28Chris