or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

Here are a couple of Bourbon comparison shots. I apologize for the really bad cell phone pics, but it gives you an idea of the color. Bourbon Flatiron with Brown Parkway and Walnut McAllister Bourbon Flatiron with Brown Jermyn and Walnut McAllister Chris
Is that a Bourbon McAllister? I didn't know they were doing the McAllister in Bourbon.Chris
Sorry for above post - I misread and thought you were looking for bluchers. Chris
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF2822_1_40000000001_-1 These are on clearance, so sizes are somewhat limited. But you might be in luck. Chris
Quote: Originally Posted by kentyman Would you say my previous photos were a good representation of what you see in person? Yes, the Bourbon Strands you posted are very close to the color I saw on the Flatiron. Chris
I stopped by my local menswear / shoe store at lunch and they just received some Bourbon Flatirons. So I thought I would give my thoughts on this shoe and this color. Flatiron - on the newer 333 last which has a more squared off toe (not too square, just more than traditional AE). I like the look, but I am going to have to get used to the more squared toe as I have worn the more traditional round toe for over 20 years. But I think this style could grow on me. I tried...
Any thoughts or experience with the Wilbert as a casual shoe? Thanks. I really like the Wilbert - I wear mine with jeans, khakis, etc. They are very comfortable and they look great as a casual shoe. I wear the same size in the Wilbert as about 95% of my other AE shoes. Chris
I have some dress cords from Lands End. They have several wale counts - from 8 to 18 I think, so you can pick your preference. The Lands End cords I have have the seam front pockets and button through rear pockets like dress slacks. The more casual cords I have seen have the patch rear pockets (like jeans) and slash front pockets. I wear my Lands End cords to work where we are business casual (wool slacks, no tie, sport coat, etc.) and they are fine. I personally...
I suggest you look at the Allen Edmonds Black Hills. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF2905_1_40000000001_-1 They look better in person than the website photo. Chris
I like them - I especially like the color. Chris