or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

I love my blue/brown Strawfuts. Great summer shoe. The brown may be more versatile, but I like the contrast - but you have to be OK with being out there a little bit.The Rush Street would be business casual only. I would do slacks / sport coat, etc. but definitely not a suit.
I guess they can delete if it violates any forum rules.Sierra Trading Post. $59.95 list price. But sign up for e-mail and "like" their Facebook page for coupons. It got the price down to $37 and $39 for me.Chris
I just received these from an online retailer I have seen mentioned on this site (I don't know if I can mention the name or not, but if you are interested, e-mail of PM me. It is not from the company on the label). With some discount e-mails, I got these for right at $40 each. I'm pretty happy with this $80 expenditure. These should be great for the summer. Sorry for the wrinkles and backdrop. I just took them out of the box (hoping the wrinkles will "hang" out). ...
Here are my suggestionsMerlot, Walnut, or Bourbon McAllister - you don't have a wingtipWalnut, Bourbon, or Brown Fifth Avenue - if you want to keep with the cap toe styleWalnut, Bourbon, or Brown Strand - pretty close to the SanfordWalnut or Brown Carlyle - you don't have a plain toeEither version of the Shelton - you don't have a saddleChris
I don't know if this qualifies as in the wild, but here are my Rush Streets.Chris
I posted them on page 2696, but here they are againChris
My local menswear / shoe store only carries AE boots in the Fall / Winter. About a month ago, they had 2 Cholcolate Daltons left and one was in my size. Since I buy most of my clothes and shoes there, they sometimes throw me a bone. They said they would do 1/2 price on the Dalton in my size. I couldn't pass that deal up.Chris
I recently picked up some Chocolate Daltons and I had a similar experience to yours. My first boot (except ankle boots). I was concerned about comfort but was surprised how comfortable they were - all I had to do was tighten the laces throughout the first day as they broke in.I really like the Bourbon on your boots. I got a deal at 1/2 off on 1st quality, so I decided I could live with the Chocolate. Either way, the Dalton is very versatile.Chris
something from dark days of AE in the 1990's. When the whole business casual thing started, AE tried branching out to more casual styles. This is one of the results. I'm not stating an opinion, just stating what it is.They do not make anything similar at this time.BTW, AE also made women's shoes at one time.Chris
Looks like the Lexington is also offered in Bourbon and Chili now - I don't remember those colors when it was first on the website.I like the Brown and Chili McAllisters best. But the Merlot and Black look nice also - very classic look. And I have the Walnut McAllister (also have a pair of Burgundy McAllisters from 1990, but it's a different shade).I guess you could say I am a fan of the McAllister.Chris