or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

It was a one of those "right place at the right time" days. I was at my local menswear / shoe store and the AE rep was there with the new Spring 2014 shoes and the preliminary Fall 2014 shoes. There are some great shoes coming in the Fall - suede, boots, loafers, etc. Lots of good stuff. He stated it's guaranteed they will all make actual production, but I bet most of them make it. And I think I found my next purchase - the Rush Street. They look good on the website...
I would use AE cleaner / conditioner and follow with the AE neutral carnauba wax.That is what I use on my Bourbon Strands and it works well for me.Chris
Here is a list I have - it doesn't include the newest models, but it has a lot of the retired models. Beware, some of the model names shown have been reused for newer models - i.e. the Dalton shown on the list is the loafer I purchased in the early 1990's, not the current boot.AE Model - LastAndrew - 7Ashland - 4Ashton - old 8Astor - 7Auburn - 7,1(Euro)Beaumont - ?Becker - 2Bedford - 3Belgium - 4Belmont - 1Bennington - 0,5Benton - 8Bergland - 1Berkley - 4Berwick -...
There was a big fire at the AE facility a few years ago. They said they lost a lot of lasts in that fire. That may be what happened to the lasts for those boots.Chris
I have a high instep and the Randolph did not work for me. The Patriot also did not work for me.The only current loafer that fits me is the Jermyn and it has been discontinued.Chris
Those were a shoe AE did a few years ago called the Holiday. They made them around Christmas for a few years, but I haven't seen them made in a while. I guess it was the former version of the Jingle Mok they are doing now.Here is a photo I took of these shoes.Chris
If you like loafers, the Grayson is a great shoe. I would wear Merlot Graysons with grays and navys. Some people won't wear loafers with a suit, but I think the Grayson is dressy enough for a suit - just my personal opinion, not a rule. However, I think the Merlot Grayson would be great with slacks and sport coat - tie or not.For more formal occassions - evenings, interviews, court rooms, etc. - I would stick with a lace up shoe. But again, that is just my personal...
With the discontinuation of the Westchester, the Patriot or Randolph is about all they have left. But try them on - I can't get my foot in either one due to my high instep.Chris
Allen Edmonds Shelton in Walnut/Brown in size 9.5D. These were purchased new by me at a local menswear / shoe store. 1st quality. Includes original box and burgundy flannel shoe bags. Worn sparingly - see photos. Always had shoe trees in them. Only selling because my high instep gets pinched with this shoe. So if you have a high instep, please consider that. $135 USD. Price includes shipping via USPS Priority Mail within contiguous 48 United States. Can accept...
Walnut, Bourbon, Brown. Sorry for bad photo, but hopefully this helps. Disclaimer, my Bourbon Strands were very different from my Bourbon Flatirons - your mileage may vary.Chris