or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

This is my first "in the wild" shot and my first mobile post. Walnut McAllisters today
I recently picked up the Dalton in Chocolate. This was my first AE boot besides the Cascade ankle boot. I really like my Dalton - in fact I'm a bit mad that boot season is ending and it will be the Fall before I can start wearing these again. I was afraid a boot would not be as comfortable as a shoe, but I was wrong. The boot does feel different, but it is extremely comfortable.Here are my chocolate DaltonsChris
Here are some of my thoughts - some will match what others have posted and some are new ideas.The oxford cloth slacks are great for summer. Linen is good, but will wrinkle quickly.I am also going to suggest pincord slacks. They are usually available in a pale light blue that would show off your Boca Ratons and Strawfuts nicely. Here is are some corded cotton slacks as a suggestionhttp://www.southerntide.com/products/Corded-Cotton-Pants.htmlAnd if you are a fan,...
As Kahuna stated, those are the Winhall. I have the Chili Winhall and really like that shoe.Chris
I wear the same size in the 5 last as 95% of all my other AE shoes. The only AE's I went down 1/2 size on are Rough Collection shoes - and I have some Rough Collection shoes in the same size as I usually wear.Just my results.Chris
sorry about that - didn't think about that part.I think I fixed it - hopefully I used the spoiler function correctly.Chris
This is long, but it is a list of AE models and their lasts that I have - it is not up to date, it probably lacks the last year or so, but those should be on the website. Also, some models shown are not the same as the current model - i.e. the Dalton shown on the list is a loafer offered several years ago, not the current boot. [[SPOILER]] Chris
That was true until recently. AE was running out of model numbers, so now the last digit does not always match the last number.Chris
Here are all my Chili AE's - for color comparison I wear my Chili AE's with just about anything but black. I feel it is a very versatile color. Chris
My vote is for the Rush Streets - primarily because I just got a pair and love them. It is a great business casual shoe and with the Dainite sole, you have a great rainy day shoe.I'm not a monk strap fan - just a personal thing so don't let that weigh on your decision.Chris