or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

Personally, I like the Spiaggia better. Something about the blue sole on the Strandmok don't do it for me. And I prefer the wingtip in navy suede - just a personal thing.Chris
Look what was waiting for me when I got home I really like the walnut grain. It looks a bit darker than my non-grain walnut - I'm guessing the grain texture makes it darker - but I really like it, especially on the MacNeil. Chris
usually samples the sales rep carry aroundChris
There is hope. This sounds much better. http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2013/07/18/allen-edmonds-on-sales-block-reuters.html Chris
I saw those yesterday. Those do nothing for me personally. However, the guy at my local menswear/shoe store said he really liked the navy ones. He is a bit younger than me, so that may have something to do with it.Chris
I am hoping any potential buyer will be like the last buyer - realize the history and allure of the brand and also realize that changing that will destroy any value the brand has. The last buyers kept the history, didn't make drastic changes, and actually improved the brand's value. I'm hoping any new owners will continue down that path. However, if the new owners decide to cheapen the brand, offshore production, and try to turn the brand into a cash cow for a few years...
I keep all my shoe boxes. I have some AE shoes purchased in 1991 that are in the original box. Chris
The W stamp means they were sold outside the normal retail channels. From what I understand, AE will not recraft shoes with the W stamp.Chris
Big yay from me.Chris
That is a great gift idea - I wish somebody would give me some AE's!I am going to suggest a gift card or take him and let him pick them out. With the different styles, lasts, colors, etc., it might be best to let him pick which one he likes best.Just my .02 - either way it is a great gift idea.Chris