or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

Per this page from the AE catalog - the Duke is not recraftablehttp://www.allenedmondsdigital.com/publication/?i=151736&p=29Chris
Thanks for the pics. I like the black HM. I would have considering getting the black HM when I got the brown ones except I already have the black Odenwald and there is too much similarity.Congrats on your HM's and enjoy them.Chris
I don't think the HM are blobby. I would describe my Odenwalds at blobby. Dundees somewhere in between. My Freiburgs are the least blobby of the 3. Here are some comparison shotsChris
Personally, I think the brown grain leather Oak Street would be a great business casual / casual shoe. I think the Academy color selection is a bit limiting.Just my .02.Chris
Your Higgins Mills in natural look almost as dark as mine in brown - I guess there is a lot of variation in the chromexcel. I really like that Academy. The black Higgins Mills aren't bad - I think the natural welt breaks up the all-black "stealth" look. I would have considered a black Higgins Mill if I didn't already have the black Odenwald. My black Odenwalds came with tan laces and they bring out the natural welt nicely - you might put the tan laces from the natural...
Brown Normandy's after a coat of AE Leather Lotion Chris
I have the black chromexcel Odenwalds. They still look like black calf without any color variation, etc. I apply AE Leather Lotion every few months and that's all I do on chromexcel.Chris
I'm going to suggest the Loden Suede Dundee 2.0 - you will have to put some extra with it, but I like the suede Dundee.Chris
PSA on Normandy boots. With all this Normandy talk I remembered my local menswear / shoe store had some Normandy boots on the clearance rack. So I went over to take some pics to let people know what they have. Well, I'm a sucker for a deal - so I'm thinking about getting the 10D brown you see in the pics. I am normally a 9.5D in AE, but the 10D was a tad big but very comfortable - and I figure I will be wearing thicker socks with boots so it should be good.Anyway, they...
I just bought the Higgins Mill in same size as 99% of my other AE shoes (9.5D) and it fits great.I recently tried on an Alden Indy boot. The store said everbody goes down a 1/2 size in the Indy boot but when I tried the 9D they had in stock (at half price) it was a bit too tight across the top of my foot. Maybe not an entire half size too tight, but too tight for me even at half price. They didn't have an Indy boot in 9.5D so I don't know if that would have worked.I...