or Connect

Posts by hohneokc

I had the same thought. I considered the russet version but the black eyelets and black sole didn't do it for me. I went with the light brown mainly due to the eyelets and sole.Chris
Great looking boot. I love my Shaker Heights - I almost wore them today. They are getting ready to see a lot of time in the winter rotation.Chris
Here are my light brown Freiburgs - I really like them.Chris
I like the grain, it works well with this style in my opinion.
Have you looked at the Dundee in brown grain - it comes with the Dainite sole. I didn't know if you were interested in brown grain, but I got this version just for the Dainite sole and wet weather.Chris
I agree with Kahuna75 - the white stitching is a lot of what drew me to the light brown Freiburg. I wasn't a huge fan of the Russet due to the dark sole, dark welt, and dark stitching. Just a personal preference for this type of boot.Chris
Mine are firsts. I don't mind some wrinkling around the ankles - I figure boots are going to do that no matter what. So I am good with these.
Just received my light brown Freiburgs today. This might be my favorite AE boot I have. The leather is kind of rough, but not sueded (except the toe is smooth). These are similar to my Cascades as far as leather goes. I don't know if I am going to put any AE Leather Lotion on these - it might really darken the leather given the rough surface. Fit wise I went with my usual AE size - 9.5D. These fit very nice having just tried them on and walked a very short distance. ...
snuff suede Players in the morning sun Chris
I understand the point - and I really like that shoe in walnut.Chris