or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

Finished From Bauhaus to Our House this morning (woke up early, had a few minutes). It was interesting but I guess I was hoping for something a little more generally informative about architecture. This was much more about the various cults of personality that arose in the architecture world in the mid-20th century. I sometimes find Tom Wolfe's writing style a little off-putting.I haven't started anything new yet--getting hibbely-jibbely about that (it's been almost three...
It's always better to underdeliver on these kinds of things from the start so that expectations remain low.
Turns out that Botha (Both?) is just a suburb on Corsuscant.
Well, that's very interesting. I hope that it's true--I thought he was the center of that whole movie and losing him would make the next one much less interesting to me.
Abandonment = my friend has a four seat car and there were five of us going to dinner so I had to drive myself because I was the last one who showed up and all the seats were spoken for. A true friend would have broken the rules of time and space to make it so five people could ride in a four-seat car.
If you're a BBW enthusiast you probably don't have to join a club. I've heard that there are plenty of online outlets for those kinds of things.
Yup. I've had the top down on datZHP since last Friday.
Perhaps. I figure that's a business decision for the owner of the lot. If you get to the point where you've got a couple hundred outlets in your lot and a continual stream of people using them all day (plus the added cost of installing and maintaining the actual outlets), that might add up to a significant cost for a property owner. If we're talking about an office lot, then that seems easy to incorporate into the hourly/monthly cost.
I'm thinking more along the lines of public parking, like at the grocery store or other retail. The more people that have electric cars, the more demand there will be for places for people top off the battery as they travel around on their daily errands/commutes.
Finished this. It was only okay.Started this last night. I hadn't realized that it was only 90 pages (at least on my Nook app). I'm about 20 pages in and it's interesting so far.