or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

Once it gets tenure, it can show up to heat your food, or not, or heat it halfway, or even cool it off. There won't be much you can do to get rid of it at that point.
Your microwave is trying too hard to please you. It's like the Gibonius of microwaves.
Did she do it in an "open letter" to Beyonce? I always love how people will write open letters to celebrities as if the two parties are actually in some sort of correspondence."Deputy Sheriff of Kern County DESTROYS Obama in open letter about guns! You won't believe what he says in the last paragraph!"
Finished Doubter's Almanac in a couple of days. I couldn't put it down.Now I'm reading a manuscript of a book written by a friend of a friend as a favor to my friend. It's pretty bad. I'm not sure I'll make it all the way through. It's not that it's all that terrible--it's just so boring that I find myself falling asleep after a few pages. Too many generic "salt of the earth" types living earthy, drab lives (even though they all went to Yale, for some reason), with lots...
So the new dog has arrived (along with my wife and daughter). He's a cute little guy, but I'm starting to realize just how many things I had taken for granted with our last dog--it has been so many years since we've had a puppy and now everywhere I look I see things that we're going to have to train the dog not to touch. He's a good little guy and seems pretty smart, but he's got dem needle teefs and wants to try them out on things. So it's going to be a while until we get...
Thanks, jerk!
Vampire capital of America! Everyone knows that.
Depends on what you mean by desirable. Living in a major city, for example, strikes me as desirable about 15 percent of the time. The rest would just be a hassle. You don't want to live in a crappy location, of course, but it's nice to be able to access the good stuff when you want it without having to deal with the rest of it on a daily basis.
I'm on bachelor duty tonight and so I parked myself on the couch and watched like five episodes of Daredevil on Netflix. Now my neck is all stiff from slouching on the couch for that long. I almost never watch TV but I was trying to kill an evening.
Looks like it's clearing up today and tomorrow, which is good for me because my wife and daughter (and our new dog, apparently) are headed home from Utah tomorrow.