or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

I have a 1975 2002 that I'm plugging away on. I'm planning to remove all of the trim and fill the trim holes in the bodywork. I'm not going for a full restoration, but I want it to be a good, solid daily driver. We're making good progress.
Nice! Did you eliminate the body trim? It looks like the trim holes have been filled.
Winds of Winter preview chapter: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html
We just picked up a 1995 GTI for my daughter, who will be turning 16 in a few months. It's actually a really fun car to drive and I'm impressed at how solidly built and durable it is. In particular, the seats look almost new and the engine and transmission are solid and strong. Over the last couple of weeks I've found myself grabbing the keys if I need to run a quick errand. I love my E46 ZHP convertible, but the GTI is a fun little car and a tremendous value.
I really enjoy checking into this thread. I have an Air King and a Seiko SKX007, but it's cool for me to be able to see the wide variety of watches that people have/appreciate here. Thanks for broadening my horizons! Happy New Year to all.
I saw it for the second time. Perhaps it's just because I'm not used to HFR, but for me it detracted from the feel of the movie. It looked more like video than film--it almost seemed like a cheap LOTR TV special. Other than that, though, it was great the second time as well.
It's just a matter of time until someone tries to step a little closer, trips, and falls into the urinal.
I usually love previews. If the movie looks good, then I'm glad I got to enjoy a little taste of what's to come. If the movie looks bad, then it's a great opportunity to practice my MST3K obnoxiousness (quietly, of course). I don't like the product commercials, but they tend to be pretty short, so it's not so bad.
I wear an Air King to work every day. I think it still looks great and don't have any plans to get rid of it. I also have a Seiko SKX007, which is a larger watch that I wear casually. I don't have huge wrists so both watches work for me.
I think the idea is to distinguish between the five-pocket (jean style) cords from the ones that are cut like chinos (fancy dress pants!).