or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

Last night my family informed me that for Father's Day this year they had bought tickets to see the Cure in Oakland next Thursday. I never got to see them back in the day so I'm looking forward to it. I have heard good things about this tour and hope that they'll put on a good show.
Bump. We've set the date for July 21-23. We will be starting at Echo Lake and hiking the Tahoe Rim Trail counter-clockwise to Spooner Lake on the east side of the Tahoe Basin. I'm looking forward to three days of light packs and big miles. We'll have a support vehicle meet us each night (no wilderness sections this time) and have huge evening feasts and bonfires.
If there's an answer that involves "try to sell the customer a variable universal life policy," always pick that one.
It might be the sun's fault, not the shoeshine. I heard that the sun was switching over to LED lights in an effort to save money.
The word "pet" is demeaning AF to our otherspecied friends. It's like someone took the word "hegemony" and somehow condensed it into three letters without losing any of the emotional damage.
They used to be a lot cheaper but on account of that Rohanna song about brellas they are now the talk of the town so to speak and prices have risen accordingly.
Why did you do that?
It bugs me when people sign off with "Best" without any other words around it.Best,VaderDave
Nah. He felt moderate remorse. That should be enough.I did appreciate how he talked about the story like it was something that just existed as a separate entity from himself: "I was wrong to pursue this matter and use the media to perpetuate this story" as if he was merely running with a story he had learned, instead of fabricating the story entirely by himself and then chasing it like a rabid dog.Mistakes were made.Stories turned out to be somewhat less than true.Moderate...
Nothing worse than some power-tripping bureaucrat standing in the way of real progress.