or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

I just got a thank-you card from LEC today thanking me for my purchase and reminding me of their unconditional guarantee. It even looked like it might be hand-written, although it was signed "Customer Service Representative," which I thought was a little weird. Not bad follow-up for a $35 order.
Quote: Originally Posted by yamete is clarks DB appropriate for business casual? I will frequently wear mine with a pair of chinos (BB Clark fit, interestingly) and an OCBD. I think it's a decent look, and very comfortable.
Quote: Originally Posted by pscolari I found myself laughing while reading this. Not something I was used to when reading McCarthy. Yeah, when I read the blurb on the back and it mentioned "humor," I was a bit surprised. I haven't gotten far enough into it to find any yet, however.
Quote: Originally Posted by otc I have rather long toes... would that sort of defeat the purpose of these shoes (since my toes would still be restricted if they didn't fit in up to the joint) Yeah, you sort of have to have VFF-shaped feet. Otherwise I don't think you're going to be happy with the fit. You could try some on and see for yourself, however. Maybe they would fit okay.
I'm thinking about taking my son on an overnighter up from Loon Lake to Buck Island Lake right outside Desolation Wilderness in CA. Has anyone done this trip? It's about six miles in but only about 500 feet in elevation gain, which my son would appreciate.
Just started reading Suttree by Cormac McCarthy. It always takes me a little while to get back into his writing style/cadence.
Quote: Originally Posted by Albern Yeah, it was my understanding too that it would be 4 senior and Campbell as the junior. Oddly, despite the partner distinctions it looks like all 5 have equal voting rights so I don't understand splitting the senior management structure to begin with. Well, I think you have to give Sterling, Draper, and Campbell a bit more credit than that. Even though Sterling has been labeled as an immature child I'm sure that even...
I wish it would cool off so I could wear more of this kind of stuff.
Lasagna with a good salad and some fresh-cut fruit. It was excellent.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Have two shipments from REI coming in this week. A few small things, like emergency first aid kite, and then my Kelty tarp and related do-dads. Also, have this Casio on order: http://www.rei.com/product/805932 I love the features. Isn't there an REI near where you live? I'm sort of an instant-gratification kind of guy, so usually if I can just stop by the store and buy something I will do that...