or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

Quote: Originally Posted by Willie5566 What caliber? I am leaning towards the .40 but am afraid I will regret not going with .45. It seems like a well made gun. I have fired one a few times at a range where they rent guns. Mine's a 9mm. I mostly want it for fun shooting so I decided to go with the cheaper ammo option. Quote: Originally Posted by Nil I have a 4" XD-9 and have been thrilled with it. Probably put around...
Quote: Originally Posted by Willie5566 Not a gun owner yet but when I do buy one it will be this: http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?model=4 Someday it will be mine!!! I have one of those (but the 4" barrel, not the Tactical). I like it a lot.
The new pictures look good. I don't think I'd ever notice the mark if I were to meet you in person.
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson Give it a rest dude, it's a stupid fucking argument to have. +1 Sayre's Law in action.
Quote: Originally Posted by Matt lol, nah, i've been reading Steven Covey It's the seventh habit of highly effective people apparently, lol...i just mean keeping my skills sharp. Are you reading the Seven Habits book? I actually edited the galleys of the second edition of that book, years and years and years ago in my prior life as an editor/copywriter.
Even when I used to run a lot, I never ran more than 4-5 days a week. Especially if you started out heavy, that's a lot of stress on your body. A few days off won't hurt, and it sounds like it would actually be good for you. You need time to let your body repair itself from the stress you inflict on it.
I like the way it looks (in person: I wasn't thrilled with initial pictures online), but haven't had a chance to drive one.
What industry are you in? Do you have to entertain clients when get get a little further along in your career? Maybe your boss figured it would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone: her cousin gets someone to show her around town, and your bosses get to see how well you are able to socialize with someone you don't really know (before sending you out to meet precious clients). Or maybe the boss just doesn't want to hang with her cousin and her boozehound friends.
That's a cool video. On the safety side: I figure that's not nearly as dangerous as being a spectator at most of the Euro rally races I've seen videos for.
Quote: Originally Posted by airblaster503 Been meaning to start reading the series, with the movie date set that has given me a reason to start it up. You could probably polish off the entire series in a couple of days, or a week at most. They are very quick reads, plus they sort of draw you in so you don't want to put them down. At least that was my experience with them, even though I found the last book sort of dissatisfying.