Posts by VaderDave

I ordered a Google Pixel phone, which arrived today. Setup was super easy and so far I think I'm going to like the phone a lot.
I loves me some fry sauce. Unfortunately, Training Table went under last fall, which was a tragedy. They closed suddenly due to a family squabble. Luckily, there are other places that can provide delicious fry sauce (including, of course, your own kitchen if you have some BBQ sauce and mayo).I will relay that feedback to them. I am sure they will make sweeping changes.
Within our main circle of friends (all couples) we almost always split evenly, with the idea that nobody's going to take advantage and nobody wants to make an issue of a few bucks here or there. There have also been numerous times (depending on the size of the group) where one of us would just grab the entire check (knowing that someone else will pick it up at a future dinner). So far it has worked really well for a lot of years. There were a few years where we had friends...
This is the kind of thing that can come back to wreck a promotion if you're talking about a direct report. "You really want to know why I passed you over for this position?"
Yep!
I have to chuckle, though: my daughter (who is on a church mission in Japan) usually e-mails us every week. Those e-mails show up instantly, of course.Last week, out of nowhere, we got an actual handwritten letter from her. I started to read it, and realized that most of what she had written was totally out of date--we had already responded (and maybe even gotten another response from her) in the time it had taken her little letter to cross the Pacific and get 150 miles...
I ordered a Pixel phone from Google. It was shipped by FedEx Ground. The scheduled delivery date is Wednesday by the end of the day. Unfortunately, they e-mailed me a tracking number, so now I know that the phone arrived "in transit" to Sacramento on Sunday. It has been "in transit" ever since and apparently will be so for the rest of today and all of tomorrow. I get that they don't want to deliver things sooner, because that undermines their more expensive shipping...
When you posted this and I got a notification my first thought was "WTF? I never posted in that thread."
It's amazing to me how much less weight I can lift when I do sets of 15 reps as opposed to sets of five reps.
No work for me today. We're going to pile into the car and head down to Sutter Creek to wander the shops (mostly antiques and local art galleries) and get some lunch (and maybe dinner, depending on how long we stay).