or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

I enjoyed Bleeding Edge but found Gravity's Rainbow a bit of a chore.
I was a total failoser the first time I tried it. I tipped over on a sidehill and had to get some help to get un-stuck. I was only going like two miles an hour so I didn't get hurt but it was pretty humiliating.
I have seen several new MBZ models that I think are very good looking.
Dang it: I missed the Wrangler discussion. I had a 1992 Wrangler for several years (bought it new). It had the leaf spring suspension and was a rough ride. Now we have a 2013 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (four-door). It has a coil-spring suspension and actually rides pretty nicely for what it is. It was relatively inexpensive and from what I have read the Wranglers hold their value quite well. It's a great road-trip vehicle and is quite capable off-road (certainly more...
That is a point, but it wasn't the point of the discussion I was having on FB. But I agree that your point opens up a whole other can of worms about which I have no stated opinion.
I agree. Most of the people who were upset about it were SJWs who thought that he was some sort of criminal for taking the deductions he was entitled to. When I innocently pointed out that the Clintons took identical-type carryforward deductions for capital losses they incurred in 2008, you could practically see the throbbing forehead veins in their responses.
He could be like the Boomhauer of StyFo.
Hahah so true. I've had people tell me they turned down raises at work because it would bump them into a higher tax bracket and they "did the math and it would actually cost" them money.
I brought home some incredible examples of origami when I returned from Japan 25 years ago. I never learned how to do much of anything myself, however.
I don't get why people feel the need to comment on tax issues (in this case, the sort-of-embarrassing revelation that Trump is still milking his net loss carryforward from years ago to avoid paying taxes on current income) when it's painfully obvious that they don't have any notion of how taxes actually work. They just read the headlines of articles (Trump Probably Hasn't Paid Tax in Years!) and freak out.