or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

I have a Katadyn filter that I use when I go backpacking. It works fine, is easy to disassemble and clean, and doesn't weigh a lot. So far I have no complaints.
That was hilarious.
I just started Anathem this afternoon. I'm about 30 pages in. I like it so far. I may dive into Cryptonomicon after that.I was hoping to download and read The Quiet American but it turns out that B&N doesn't offer it for the Nook. I wonder if it's Kindle-only, or maybe not available as an e-book at all. I may have to actually buy a paper copy.
I just read Snow Crash. I enjoyed it very much. I followed that up with In Pharaoh's Army by Tobias Wolff. I liked it, but I read Tree of Smoke a couple of weeks ago and so I'm getting a little Vietnam War'd out.
I've never been able to bring myself to watch Howard the Duck, even though it seems like it's on pretty frequently on basic cable. My guilty pleasure movies are those horrible SyFy Original movies, the ones with wyverns and yetis and sharktopus and all those other shows. They are so deliciously horrible that I can't turn away. I'm also old enough to remember when the crappy special effects in these movies would have been better than anything at the cineplex.
That one is Thank You for Smoking.
Is Gattaca available on Netflix? In the last couple of days I've watched: 1) Django Unchained 2) Casa de mi Padre 3) Bottle Rocket 4) Ronin I enjoyed all of them.
Vegans don't wear wool? I did not know that.
I was on my own last night (wife and son out of town, daughter off to July Fourth festivities) so I wound up watching Cloud Atlas on PPV. I suppose I can give them credit for ambition, but if I hadn't read the book I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on. I also don't remember the stories in the book having the same happy endings they had in the movie, but it's been a few years since I read the book.
Oh, fine. Thanks for ruining our legal slappyfight.