or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

I sometimes wish that more people would pay attention, actually. There's nothing like sitting in a theater watching Batman v. Superman with a bunch of sobbing little kids because mom and dad thought that it would be fine to take them to a "comic book" movie. I still remember the mass exodus from the theater during the first five minutes of Lord of the Rings--screaming kids and upset parents who apparently hadn't done even the most basic research into the movie.
I suppose in order for it to be analogous to Christianity there would have to be some intergalactic Savior who had already paid for Vader's sins, but whatevs. I recognize that what Vader did was of great benefit to the galaxy, but I can't help but think that Vader only turned on the Emperor when it was apparent that the Emperor was going to kill his kid. I'm not sure that that's a great example of heroism--only the lamest and most evil person would stand by and let his kid...
Nah, you can definitely forgive me. I've only killed like 80, maybe 90 130 people so far. But I was kind to my dog today so that counts for something.
Which brings up a point that has always sort of bugged me about the SW universe: how is it that a mass murderer gets to be "redeemed" by a couple of virtuous acts? Vader killed countless people but somehow turning on the Emperor and saving his son one afternoon made that all okay? Kylo murders his own father along with a bunch of helpless villagers, but we're all fully expecting him to somehow turn things around and maybe get Leia a Mother's Day card by this time next...
If anything, I'd say that this conversation plays right into the movie's narrative. I think it was intentional that viewers would watch Rey and think "WTF?" and question how she could be capable to doing the things she does. I've been thinking that she's sort of like a spacegoing Jason Bourne. She has lost her memory of who she is, but she still retains a lot of her skills and apparently some of her other talents are closer to the surface than others.
We just got home from seeing Civil War. I really enjoyed it.
Our vet's office has separate entrances for dogs and cats (and their associated persons), and the lobby is divided with a plexiglass wall between the two sides. We just started going there and I laughed a bit when I first saw the two-door setup, but it's actually really nice if you have to wait a few minutes.
Are those floaty pool noodles? Cute!
Go to the gym and ride a stationary bike on a low setting. Just spin for about 20 minutes. That usually works for me.
"Ortiz, Brett, and Blonski Forever Linked"Mike Blonski, local parent of two untalented sons, found himself in an uncomfortable fraternity with Brett and Ortiz when he rushed the umpire, another local dad named Tim Hennessey, when Hennessey called his son out at the plate on a desperate run from third base during a U13 baseball game. Blonski has said that he finds himself unable to deal with his newfound notoriety and has started drinking heavily.