or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

I just finished Cryptonomicon last night. I started Gravity's Rainbow and am about 50 pages in.
I like to use non-P glasses when driving because I have the same issue others have mentioned with seeing the nav screen and other displays in my car, along with the windows (although the windshield appears to be fine). I have also noticed that when I run or ride my bike with my polarized sunglasses that I sometimes have issues with puddles and wet pavement--I will see weird patterns that are really quite disorienting. My polarized glasses are Oakleys and Maui Jims, so I...
I like it. I'm just scratching my head over the "pastries" part. It's not a word that comes up a lot in popular music.
I wonder if you're talking about Ed Sheeran's "A Team," which is a song about a crack whore. That's the only recent song I can think of that mentions pastries.
This morning I happened to see a 458 in white (the first one I've ever seen). It didn't do much for me, especially looking at it head-on (from across the intersection). It just didn't seem to have a lot of presence in white. I have several clients who have Teslas now. They all love them and say they're are great to drive. I'm not sure what constitutes "great to drive" for them, however.
I finished Anathem; now on to Cryptonomicon. I'm about 150 pages in so far.
Last night my wife and I bought her a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Sahara). We traded in her 10-year-old Tahoe for it. She loves the smaller size and maneuverability. It's a fun car to drive.
I really enjoyed the first few episodes, but have fallen behind since I've been super busy. But I love the whole awkward deadpan feel of the show.
Yes.
I have a Katadyn filter that I use when I go backpacking. It works fine, is easy to disassemble and clean, and doesn't weigh a lot. So far I have no complaints.