or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

I wonder how that scene would mesh with Yakety Sax in the background.
It's true. It's not like Cersei wasn't going to go to war with Dorne regardless of who was on the throne there.
I expect we'll see more of the Sand Snakes, but they'll be actively going to war with the Lannisters. I think they just skipped the whole "how are we going to get around Doran" part of the story.
Agreed. I can see the point with the Dorne storyline, though. From what I recall of the book, Doran's strategy was to "play the long game" as far as getting revenge on the Lannisters. I'm not sure that the showrunners are interested in much long-gaming at this point, and maybe long games don't make for all that great of TV.
I kind of get the impression that the show is going to start trimming the proverbial fat from the book storylines. It seems like the showrunners see no point in showing a bunch of boring intrigue in Dorne if the eventual result is just going to be Doran bleeding out and Areo stabbed in the back anyway. I expect we'll see a similar treatment of the Iron Islands story.
Maybe I will return to the manuscript later. I read another 50 pages or so and had to stop. I just started We Are Now Beginning Our Descent by James Meek. So far so good.
Maybe he's such an alpha that when he plays basketball it's bloodsport. In private he probably calls it the basketball octagon. Just throwin' it out there--dat alternative opinion. EDIT: I guess he was referring to the hoop, not the court. My bad.
When I was a teenager I used to down a whole six-pack of Mt. Dew in an evening shooting pool with my friends. That was a habit that did not serve me well in my 20s.
My favorite part was when she tried to start a "keep your hate speech off this campus!" chant but nobody else took it up. Awkward AF.
That was tremendous. Is that really how pathetic these protests are, usually? So sad.