or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

Dang. I'm glad you're okay. A good friend of mine wrecked on his bike this summer (after his forks both snapped--what?!?!) and he has had a long, slow recovery. Another good friend just wrecked on his mountain bike on Thursday. He broke his femur right below the hip joint. He's got some new hardware and will be recovering at home for the next few weeks.
Even the workers not in character costume have it rough. Mid-August and 95 degrees out? Here, wear a frock coat with a vest underneath. Yup.
Sorry to hear about the job, man. I know you had high hopes for it. I'm glad you have a good sense of perspective on it, and if I helped with that a bit, I'm glad for that too.
Thanks a lot, everyone.
Quick update: my dad passed away peacefully this morning. Thanks to everyone for the kind words. They are greatly appreciated.
I'm curious: what makes this suit more "tactical" than his regular suit, which is already supposed to be designed for all the fighty stuff Batman normally does?
Thanks, guys. It's not unexpected but still a bummer. I'm just hoping he can go peacefully.
They're going to put my dad on hospice/comfort care at the hospital. He went in for surgery on a perforated ulcer in his small intestine (which went okay) and then in the aftermath his body just started shutting down. This has not been unexpected. I expect he'll be gone before the end of the weekend.
Around here "large" means a quarter, because a quarter is the largest coin in common circulation. So "five large" would be $1.25.
I guess it's okay to be proud of something like that.