or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

This image appeared in my sidebar on the StyleForum page of the web.
I had a birthday a few weeks ago and it put me into condition of happiness, no two ways about it. I enjoyed the well wishes from friends and appreciated that a bunch of people got together and ate dinner with me.
I'm a couple of hundred pages in now. It's not that good, but I will soldier on in hopes that at some point it becomes worth it.
I remember being very impressed with that book when I read it. I was also 18 years old. I dunno how well it would hold up if older, perhaps wiser me read it now. I do remember wondering at the time why the author was such a self-absorbed douche at the same time as being kind of wise/profound.
Sorry to hear it, L'Inc.
Sigmoidoscopy in the morning. Started the clear liquid diet this morning. Twenty four hours of clear liquid fun, followed by what I'm thinking to myself as the "GreenFrog procedure."
Amazon is opening a fulfillment center in Sacramento, bringing a thousand new jobs to the area. So I figure if this whole law thing doesn't work out, maybe I can go work for them slangin' boxes or something.
I have read both of those (actually a couple of times each, back in the day). I was thinking about Rules of Attraction.
I finally finished Barkskins this morning. It was enjoyable and I liked her writing style again. The book covers hundreds of years and generations of a couple of families, so one doesn't have a protagonist to root for through the whole story.I haven't decided what to read next, but I'm ready for a break from Annie Proulx-style naturalism. I'm toying with the idea of reading some more Bret Easton Ellis, which I haven't done for many years.