or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

Here's my super-exciting update: We had our second meeting this week. We spent some time talking about event goals and reviewing logo designs. We then made some assignments for committees and reviewed the bylaws and the minutes from the last meeting. Then we talked about a bunch of admin stuff. Someone made the observation that things were moving pretty slowly and that we might want to consider meeting more than once a month. I agreed with that--I'm used to working with...
I have. I'm kind of a sloucher when I sit in chairs at conference tables. A couple of times that has led to my pocketknife falling out of my slacks onto the floor. Usually I catch it, but a couple of times I have not. So far, fortunately, my knife has always found its way back to me. But now, mainly because of this, I always clip my knife to the little inner pocket in the lining of my pants pockets. That helps to keep it from falling out.When I was younger, though, I lost...
I retired the Kershaw and bought one of these a few months back. It has been a great EDC knife. It's very, very light and slim and is sharp as hell.
I think the exasperation is supposed to be part of the show. Rick has shown some skill and talent in leading people, but the simple fact is that he's a small-town cop. It's not like he came with a bunch of built-in skill in logistics. So he (and everyone else on the show) is going to make stupid blunders from time to time, including not having a lot of long-term things thought out very well. Rick and Co. might be decent people, but they're not geniuses. Maybe somewhere...
I like it better with the baby installed.
That's been my experience so far. Some parts actually make me laugh out loud, but most of it is not engaging me either. I've had the same experience--I tried at the outset to really understand what was going on, but after a couple hundred pages I realized that I just had to read and experience it as a flow, not necessarily a plot.Hopefully by the end I'll consider it a net positive experience.
Has anyone ever read and enjoyed Gravity's Rainbow? I'm about halfway through but at this point I'm reading it just to finish.But hey: at least I'll be able to tell people I read Gravity's Rainbow.
Ah. That would suck. It sounds like Square has other "customer loyalty" programs for bigger vendors (not some podunk lawyer like me).Thanks for leaving me out of your FU list, though.
Hahaha! I had a similar experience when trying to decide between a PhD in English or a law degree. All of my English professors strongly suggested that a PhD in English wasn't the greatest idea.Of course, if this were happening now a law degree might be just as inadvisable.I use a Square card reader in my practice. When I run a client's card the e-mail address is often just there as an available option for receipts. It does censor the first part of the e-mail address so I...
That is kind of disturbing, now that you mention it.