or Connect

Posts by VaderDave

I just finished it a couple of days ago. I really enjoyed it.
And yet it's "Jon" Snow, not "John" Snow. Rich brother taking the bastard's extra consonant allocation. Totally unfair.
[[SPOILER]]
GRRM expects a lot from his readers, I think. I think that's a good thing, though. The story certainly holds up to multiple readings.
Reading this thread has made me realize how much stuff I missed/don't remember from reading the books, so a couple of days ago I started re-reading the series from the beginning. I'm amazed at how much stuff is in there that GRRM hinted at from the very beginning chapters. It's pretty clear he did a LOT of world-building before starting this series. I'm enjoying my re-reading quite a bit and plan to take my time and pay greater attention to the details this time.
Sorry, I hadn't realized that this four-year-old thread was all about you now.
http://vaderdave.tumblr.com/ Check it out and follow if you'd like. I'm up to a whopping 172 followers.
Hey--me too!
I'm not sure anyone noticed my last posts about my 1975 BMW 2002, but I finally got it back today from the interior shop, which installed the carpet and a new headliner. The car is just about finished, other than some very minor details.
I have a Remington 700 in 30-06 as well. It's the hardest-kicking centerfire rifle I've ever shot (and I've shot a few 7mm Magnums, etc.). I'm not sure why, but even a few shots from that rifle leave my shoulder aching. I can shoot a 12 gauge shotgun all day long, but not my 30-06.