or Connect

Posts by Perdogg

Does anyone know what kind of suits Alan Badel (The interior minister) wore in "The Day of the Jackal"?
I have to say something about one the suits in QoS. The suit in this scene, really doesn't look natural on him. It is a beautiful suit, he has the body type for the suit, but it looks like a costume. It doesn't look broken in. http://screenmusings.org/QuantumOfSo...s/QoS_1119.htm http://screenmusings.org/QuantumOfSo...s/QoS_1123.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by ZON_JR The real version. That would have been nice.
I bought a MTM shirt last night from Nordstroms. Since it was on sale I decided to try it to see I like the service. A young lady helped me out. I asked her for help because she was walking with a tape measure around her neck like a necklace. I was going to pick a pattern, however, she suggested that the pattern I picked was too casual if I was looking for a more formal for the office. She also suggested I try a talior cut rather than the classic. None of these...
I am going to the Bahamas soon. Are there any good tailors in Nassau? The last time I was there all I could find were OTR european labels (Paradise Island) that cost about twice what they do in the DC metro area. I am looking for more "English" styling, got to keep HRH happy.
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenStyle Not so. Beautiful suit
Quote: Originally Posted by steadzo Here is a quote from Louise Frogley, the Costume designer on Quantum of Solace. "I wanted to use "Ëśmohair tonic' for the suits. It is very difficult to find because it is a sixties fabric and I am quite sure Sean Connery would have worn it in at least one of his suits. It is a very strange material but it films beautifully, it's just lovely. Not only did we want a very rare material but we needed a huge quantity...
Quote: Originally Posted by Larson McCord +1, this is a world of fedoras, spectator shoes and bow ties. In the real world people dress like the dude with the hot blonde. Her skirt was so tight the zipper was stretched out.
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba He's banging the hot blonde, maybe you should fallow suite. You are right.
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba Sounds like they were almost equal in todays non-SF world. Otherwise he would need a coat and tie. I agree with you to an extent. She looked like she dressed well, where as he looked thrown together.