or Connect

Posts by UberDyologzz

Quote: Originally Posted by pvrhye outer rear heel. same, and far, far faster than any other area of the shoe.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Thanks - just 2 more questions if you dont mind - price, and fit? Example, if you are typically a US 10, does it fit true? Around or just under 1,000 USD if my calculations are correct. Some models in the line are slightly cheaper, some slightly more expensive [give or take fifty dollars]. As for the fit [where my own feet are concerned], the shoe is just about slightly [and I do mean slightly - a few...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reborn From another post of his in the $300 vs $1000 shoe thread: That's about the long and short of it - somehow I think the fact it isn't bespoke will disappoint some, but will also make some happy. That said, I did get Hidetaka Fukaya's details from the salesman, and will be making a visit to the man himself later on in the year, where I hope to make myself a few pairs of actual bespoke shoes.
Hi guys, Thank you for the kind comments. Unfortunately I'm not in my weekend residence where these shoes are [mostly because said weekend residence is a three hour commute from work], so I will not be able to take more pictures of the shoes. That said, I will endeavor to answer any questions y'all might have. Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker +1 Would love to hear the story of how these came about for you. I thought myself fluent...
Excuse the amateur-hour photography and the lack of natural light. No natural light means no decent colour shots, but there is an easy way to burn time while waiting...
Lurked for a year or two [or four], joined... And went back to lurking. Maybe I'll start posting after I build my wardrobe to at least a decent size... So three days after I'm dead, or thereabouts.
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman They seem a bit overpriced, but I suppose that is par for the course as they are marketing themselves as a fashion brand. Good Panama hats are largely hand-woven in Ecuador and the prices go up according to the fineness of the weave. For $140 or $150, the weave should be quite fine but looking at the pictures on the Truffaux website, the weave looks quite wide and open - but I guess that is so they can weave...
Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint Stuff. Mostly correct, Man Of Lint. The most appropriate western analogue would be the suit - much like suits, Barongs have varying degrees of formality depending on how they're cut and what they're made of. As an example, most entry-level employees wear barongs with short sleeves, made with linen/jusi and polyester blends. Higher up the food chain you'll start seeing long-sleeved barongs made out...
Quote: Originally Posted by emptym ...I've heard that if you want it freshen it up a little, you could put some vinegar or lemon juice in a rinse. Also, you're supposed to hang it on a non-plastic hanger and cover it from exposure to light with something breathable and natural, like an opaque cotton shirt. Otherwise it will tend to yellow... +1. This is absolutely correct. Add some vinegar in water and let the barong soak a bit......