or Connect

Posts by UberDyologzz

Agree with the above poster regarding his second point - break those shoes in. Wear them around the house for a few hours or so every day until your wedding [or for a whole day once before your wedding] so the shoe can conform some to your feet. A quick condition and polish is recommended - the shoes may be brand new and store-bought, but you're not really sure if the leather's dried some during storage/display. Ounce of prevention > pound of cure and all that.
To start off with, I'd recommend: Saphir renovateur as a cleaner/conditioner For a collection of mostly calf shoes - A small brush for the welt, wax polishes, and polishing cloths/rags. For a collection of mostly shell cordovan shoes - A small brush for the welt, and bigger horsehair polishing brushes. I wouldn't know how to clean more exotic leathers, so cannot comment.
You really aren't planning on making the wait easier on us, are you?
Reviving this thread and braving posting a picture of myself to ask people if shorts in this context is ok. edit: I live in neverending summer... Course, summer is monsoon season, too.
Natural markings, blemishes, and scars on mine. All the way. As long as, as you said, the strength of the piece isn't compromised.
For the work week: Wipe all the dust off with a clean, lint-free cloth. Do a cursory check to see if there are scuff marks, stains, etc. that need to be taken care of immediately. If all is well, then put your trees in and store. Otherwise, use a bit of wax, water, and a lot of elbow grease for touch ups. You can condition and polish on weekends and days off, no worries.
Charlie, Natural colour sounds good. I'm interested, if you're counting.
Manila, Pampanga, and increasingly lately, out of the country.
I'm in as well for those oak-tanned belts.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker [[SPOILER]] Those are incredibly nice, even though I personally prefer round toes. The medallion and the broguing complement each other very well.I can only imagine what some polish would do to that beauty!