or Connect

Posts by transient

valley is the fucking worst in the summer. 100+ fahrenheit heat combined with stop-n-go traffic, smell of fast food, auto shops and strip malls on each block...the worst i've decided on a few things for the summer - some kind of long sleeve hooded pull over, probably in white linen or poplin. cause fuck the sun and sunscreen. if i'm walking around with the sun on full blast i wanna be able to cover up neck and face completely even if it means looking like a desert...
Decide if you want to stack or not. Although usually stacks look better on tapered legs. In my opinion, if you don't want aggressive stacks just leave 1-2 inches on top of what you normally wear. This way you can cuff if you want to create a visual break before the shoe and you can still have a bit of stackage for boots and low sneakers.
This is key for all the newbies to note. It doesn't matter how loose the top block is, as long is it tapers nicely it will look good. There is no sense in sizing down for obscene thigh huggage.
Unless its denim business casual I think I'd too rather do suits than be in khaki-polo hell. I might actually get a tech job in business dress environment soon and it might be a tough transition at first but I figure I'll stock up on H&M/Uniqlo suits that I can throw onto the backseat as soon as I clock out everyday. Tough part will be getting shoes without getting sucked into CM wormhole.
No way man. After all my investments my biggest fear is that SF look will go mainstream. It's already bad enough running into someone with tapered raws and white lows.
You might get away with sizing up another 1 or 2 or NS but you should definitely give to a cut with fuller thighs a try (like Rescue), it might end up being more flattering. If you are of 'athletic thighs' group you really don't want jeans that hug them.
Has anyone else ever put all their clothing into a spreedsheet? Since getting into the clothing game my goal was to own as few pieces as possible and keep it simple. But looking at everything I own in a categorized list...