or Connect

Posts by transient

J crew washed tees are really great. Although there are sizes seem inconsistent because the ones in outlets aren't as slim (I get these). Hits halfway down the belt, perfect. Calvin Klein also aren't bad. Something to keep in mind if driving by your local Ross/Marshall's.
This is usually the time when people throw Uniqlo selvedge into the ring, but since I haven't handled it, my endorsement is for gap slim selvedge. The poster above me mentioned straight fit but from my experience it isn't as good as the slim fit. I can't remember now to well but when I was in store the slim model seemed to have better denim and details and didn't have pocket details. Either way, sub $100, gap all the way.
LA street names such as Topanga and Cahuenga actually come from the indigenous LA Tongva tribe. So are some other streets that end with nga. Don't know how it ended up being cory's girlfriend's name.
Don't believe the Topanga H&M had armani last time around
I like your recent fits but either the pants or the stance always throws it off for me. We have the same build and I know it's hard to find slim jeans that look really good if you're not rail thin. I think everything would look better if you sagged your jeans. Or wear something with roomier top, slight drop, and a nice taper all the way down. BTW. You look exactly like snowmanxl except for the skin shade
I stopped by Gap to check out the GQ collection (which was pretty meh). But I did notice they now have slim raw selvedge. It's really nice, even at retail. I tried +1 from my NS and it fits really similar. Maybe just a tad less slim but the leg taper is also very similar. Denim and stitching feels solid. Patch isn't obnoxious and can be removed. No branding otherwise except rivets and inside of waist. Hardware seems pretty good too although plain. Looks like a really good...
I was going to hate on you for starting a new thread until I opened the link. These are pretty incredible. I'm going to refinance the house today and try to take a shot at these sweet leathery babies.
Well, my mistake. Given that Levi.com has Made in USA 511 for $178 I would have to guess that a 513 version would cost about the same. From the raw denim I've seen levis put out (LVC or regular line) it's pretty good, but not like denim in $200+ range of course. They also have something they simply call "rigid" denim. I'm not sure if it's "real" raw denim but if its button fly and the price is right I won't care. I can't tell which brand would be a good substitute but I...
I think best bet is to wait for Levi to do a raw selvedge version. I'm looking forward to them releasing it at some point since if it's around $100 it should be a pretty good deal for beater denim.
I don't know how much they shrink but you can always stretch them after the wash while they're still wet. Even hang them to dry by the hem so that the weight keeps them elongated while they dry.