or Connect

Posts by Diomedes

Thank you all for the suggestions. I want to Brooks Bros, tried on a few blazers, and found them very much to my liking. However, I am not sure I'm ready for something at that price. I'm tempted by the Anderson Little suggestion given that a few of you seem to be in favor. I've never bought clothes online though. Do you have any suggestions with regard to online ordering? Do I order something slightly large since I'll likely need to get it tailored anyway? Any ideas...
For quite a while now I've wanted to add a navy blazer to my wardrobe. The thing is, I'm on a very limited budget (think grad student with a wife and child), so I had put off buying one indefinitely. However, I recently came into a bit of X-mas money ($400), which I would probably have used to pay part of next month's rent except that it came with the instructions to "buy myself something nice." If I'm to honor the intentions of the gift giver, perhaps a navy blazer would...
J. Crew is like Banana Republic, go directly to the sale racks and, if you stop there often enough, you will now and then find shirts for $10 and pants for $20 that look good and fit well. I'm a poor graduate student trying to support a family on a fellowship. The J. Crew and BR sale racks are really where it's at for me. I've managed to acquire a sizable collection of clothes that I like and for which I've paid only a few hundred dollars.
Quote: Originally Posted by bowtielover I would exchange it How so? To the others, thanks for the replies. I won't bother bringing it to a tailor, and I suppose I'll have to live without a navy blazer indefinitely. What a grave disappointment.
This blazer was sitting on a bench outside my workplace for two days, at which point I took a closer look and found it to be in great condition. I tried it on and it seemed to me that it was not so far off from my size (it's a bit too large) and that it could be salvageable. (Yeah, it's a little gross to find a blazer on the street and try it on, but I'm a poor grad student lacking an all-important navy blazer and couldn't pass up the opportunity.) I have since had it dry...
I will second the Lamy Safari suggestion. I have not used the pen, but I've spent enough time on pen forums to know that many consider it the best of the low-priced fountain pens. I want to add, however, that you shouldn't let an inexpensive pen dictate your decision as to whether you like writing with fountain pens. A better quality pen will more often than not have a substantially different feel. If you find that there are very general complaints you have, such as you...
Ambien is superbly effective for the sort of insomnia you're talking about. However, it is habit forming and one can develop a strong tolerance for the stuff, so care ought to be taken when using it. Still, for someone who simply cannot get to sleep at night, I wouldn't hesitate to call the stuff a miracle drug.