or Connect

Posts by Chauncey Gardner

Paris always has lots of cool weather when I'm there, but as it's changeable you can pick up suntan in early April and May when it would be impossible, say, in England. So I prefer to layer simple sports jackets or windbreakers and sweaters, with scarves. I never like to feel encumbered. Nevertheless, since Technical fits in with your style, I don't think you'll have to fear looking out of place even if there in July, when I've seen lots of Northern European kids in...
Sometimes merely reading a recipe isn't enough; I would have to taste it. And sip. And then some more. Bravo!
Why not try a topcoat? Since you're fond of the heavier overcoats, you should feel right at home in a lighter weight topcoat. They tend to come in autumn/spring colors, so that you are not going to feel unseasonably dressed. For a couple of decades topcoats had virtually disappeared from stores but are now widely available. I love mine. Not only does it give me lots of style during the business day, it allows me to adapt to the changeable weather we have at this time...
Metro -- There's always something about a Campari poster that inspires cool outfits!
Quote: Originally Posted by kitonbrioni Zegna suede Barneys sweater Zegna jeans BJ belt Zegna socks BJ boots Wild turkeys on your front doorstep? Nice photographs. They still leave me stumped on where the alligators and ostrich come in. But I greatly enjoy the brilliant way you pair belts and footwear. So few dressers can get beyond the most sophomoric strictures on black and brown leather. Although my most interesting belts and shoes...
Bravo!
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara The sad part is that 95% of people reading that article will believe that Helmut Lang really did invent high armholes. I doubt that's so, although the percentage may have more applicability to this thread. The New York Times article never said that Lang invented high armholes, or even came close to saying that. This thread reminds me eerily of a recent discussion -- of should I say fanatasy --...
Quote: Originally Posted by DMully I agree. By the way, does anyone put their address on their calling cards, or does no one expect to get "real" mail anymore. Mully Interesting that you should ask. I designed my own calling cards, two versions, a simple one with just my name to enclose with gifts, and another that includes all my contact information. Surprisingly, the latter cards (handed out at posh parties, museum events, on my...
If you're at university, that's the place to start looking for advice and help. Who knows, maybe you have a small imbalance in your metabolism or perhaps need to have your tonsils removed? I mean, the possibilities are endless, and you can see from the tug-of-war going on in this discussion, seeking advice from strangers hardly seems sensible to me. Call Student Health tomorrow, Monday, and get an evaluation and a professional plan to follow. This is something they...
Congratulations on deciding to try vests. I have worn them since a child, as for some reason they have always been popular in the South. The most important thing I can mention about vests is something I learned a long time ago in college with fittings at Brooks Bros. -- vests need to be tailored and fitted. It's rare to find vests off the rack that do not need tailoring. Unhappily, in New York offices, I've seen too many people wearing ill-fitting vests that bulge...