or Connect

Posts by Chauncey Gardner

I don't know what I'm missing here, apparently a lot, so I ask you to accept my apologies if I've totally sunk into the Valley of Incomprehension, but this has to seem one of the most baffling posts I've come across. I keep expecting it to turn out to be a joke. Rhetorically, I would echo questions already asked, such as why you were considering taking the shirts back to the makers, and why you were cleaning a shirt that you planned to give away. Nevertheless,...
As a Virginian, especially, my heart bleeds for the young students who were executed and wounded, and those who witnessed the massacre, and those who now must live with the emotional scars for a lifetime. It occurs to me that not since the Civil War, 150 years ago, has so much innocent life been brutally cut down on our soil.
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperBobo thanks with personality-wise, do you mean my skin tone and hair, or my actual personality..? Good call! I knew I was being word-sloppy as I don't have any way to know what your personality is, so forgive my presumption. You project a strong and confident persona in this picture, that is what I meant. The colors of the outfit are appealing and do create a pleasing frame with your face and your posture,...
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperBobo field & stream cheap monday red wing Nice; I realize those are good colors for you, personality-wise.
Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 On Mr. Yellow Sportcoat, is anyone else stumped by how his glasses seem to hover in front of him? Weren't 3-D glasses popular then?
I abhor the depressing drabness and regimentation of today's "casual" and, however contradictory this may at first seem, find it downright gaudy. I express myself in infinite ways through the color I wear, and I frequently pick an entire color scheme from nature; inspired by gazing out my windows at the changing colors of the sky, the treetops, and shrubbery of the park, I then translate the whole picture into an outfit. A lovely revelation of color was in store...
Quote: Originally Posted by ruben In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again. Here we are at the Spring Equinox, and I understand all you say. I'll soon put away my merino.
There's one vital criterion you mentioned in your original post that I don't believe has been addressed adequately here: you say want to wear the v-neck sweater over a tie. J. Crew, Sisley, and a lot of other mall stores nowadays make the V of the neck so tiny that they even audaciously tell you that they're not to be worn over ties. I've been told that repeatedly at both J. Crew and Sisley. Only the knot, and not much more, can be seen in the gorge, and the result...
Hold everything. This contest is the most un-american thing I've ever seen. I've voted in enough prezidential elections to know that to make a choice you shouldn't be required to think. How can one choose when faced with three conspicuously worthy candidates? That's not right at all. To start with there's Sauce, indisputably a master at pouring on the sauces, whether in his elegant Strollers or his eloquently loquacious campaign speeches; yet I wonder, can we trust...
I'll offer what I consider a rather surprising illustration of suits being worn successfully when most unexpected: I saw suits worn most sublimely many times at CBGB's, of all places, and as extreme as that seems the guys in suits got just as much respect as the most punk looking punks. In fact they would usually end up talking together, while ignoring the majority of people there who dressed like they were running out to buy milk. Likewise, a friend of mine has always...