or Connect

Posts by BostonElitist

I started buying MT May '10 about a year and a half ago. I bought MANY shirts at $29.95 for the fabric. Of course this doens't count the other stuff. They had many fabrics to choose from about 1 year ago or less. I also remember many great fabrics. also, i still see many of my old fabrics there - there's one wrinkle free striped pink shirt there. I bought that for $30. Now, it's $60. http://moderntailor.com/items/common/fabric/pink/p98-s-1261662626006.jpg
I got that same vibe that there was something dubious about this. I even notified AEs about this. I looked at some of the other shoes, and even they look slightly different for some reason. Of course, the web site creator could just as easily copied the images and presented them as his own shoes. I understand his business now: He OVERPRICES most things, but the things that he UNDERPRICES is what he knows he'll sell. and this is fake. I'm avoiding this site. Awful....
I recently discovered this site: http://www.shoesclearance.eu/sale/Allen-Edmonds-Norwich-7834275-3093.html I'm sure that this site comes from China. Most of the AE that they sell are prices *HIGHER* than what we pay for here. However, they have Norwich, and these are priced $200 less than what a store might sell them for. Moreover, they refer to "Allen Edmonds" as "Alexander McQueen"!!!!! Hahahahah . You can see this there on the site. I even tried emailing him, but I...
What's up with MT? They've gotten so much more expensive in the past few months. In the past - i.e. about a year ago - I was able to get many shirts for $40 (including S&H). I now am forced to look at other companies for my shirts. Any suggestions for a great quality company? By the way, I'd like to stress that ModernTailor is excellent, but I don't like the idea of paying $80 when the Brooks Brothers on Newbury charges $60, and they are 120x2.
I was on business in Delhi/Gurgaon, and I've been to Vaish as well as M. Ram and Sons close by. The owners of these establishment are both surnamed as "Vaish". I bought some shirts from both places as well as dress pants from both places, and here are my thoughts regarding Vaish. 1. The shirts are great. The material was imported from a mills in the UK. They are double-ply and of a high thread count. 2. They featued mother-of-pearl button. 3. At that time, i didn't know...
Quote: Originally Posted by dapperdude What determines how thick shirts are? Is it some characteristic of the fabric? Which fabrics are thick and which are thin? I ask because I recently bought a couple shirts with very thin fabric, which I like. I find thin them softer and more comfortable. In the past, I have bought oxfords from Lands End and they are thick and almost stiff by comparison. I noticed that my double-ply high thread...
Shouldn't the thickness of a 40 thread-count shirt be identical to that of a 2-ply 80 thread count shirt? Thickness is inversely proportional to the thread count and directly proportional to the number of plies. Therefore 1ply/40TC = 2ply/80TC. I realize that the latter is more desirable, because of its softness. Please clarify to me what the differences are. Also, why is it that 2 ply 80 TC is sometimes counted as a 160 TC shirt, when it should be -...
I ordered 2 MT shirts, and with it, I got a free tie. One of the shirt's fabrics was $70 on sale, and it was iron-free. It looked amazing, and it had a 2-ply 100 thread count. Anyways, I've made this order 29 days ago, and it's been "Despatch [sic] at Wuhan." My point of contact at MT said that if I don't receive my order by Friday, that they will credit my order. Has anyone else ever had this kind of problem with Modern Tailor and their shipping partner?
MT also needs to put the fabric weight and fabric thread counts for ALL their fabrics.
Hello Emma, I have some suggestions for ModernTailor, and some feedback: SUGGESTIONS 1. I agree with some other person on this forum. You should also let us know how much the fabric is expected to shrink. 2. My wrist size is 7", and this is exact. You guys should add more to this when you come up with a cuff. I believe that you add 1" to this, but you should add quite more. It's easier to roll the cuff also. Just my opinion. 3. I noticed that your...