or Connect

Posts by akmateo

I was not aware that White's were available in 7 inch height. Just looking at your boots, I would have guessed that they were 8 inch. Can you take a pic of the soles?
Awesome boots Thor! Wow, they look great! Can you post your build specs? I am seriously considering a second pair in 8" with the commando soles.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thor Chromexcel (CXL) is (I believe) a propietary leather of Horween Leather in Chicago: http://horween.com/index.php/leathers/ It is (imo) superior to most other pull-up aniline leathers... I ordered a pair of the Classic work boots in CXL about 3 weeks ago...and will post pics when they arrive. Well?
I have been wearing my White's (classic work boots) every day for a few weeks now. They get more and more comfortable every day, and have quickly become my favorite boot. I am so impressed with them, that I am considering a second pair to rotate. Can anyone explain the difference between brown chromexcel leather and the standard brown leather? The chromexcel is awesome, btw. Edit: Also curious about the optional double midsole. If anyone has pics or experience with...
I was not able to specify the eyelet setup. That is just the way they came. I suppose if you wanted a different setup, White's would be willing to work with you. Attachment 60921
Attachment 60914 Attachment 60915 I apologize for the poor quality of the pics. They were taken with my cell phone, which doesn't focus well while taking close up pics. I took some pics of them with a Canon Rebel XTI in 10 mp resolution, but the files were too large to attach, and I don't know how to reformat them. Anyhow, these were taken after a few days of wear and one application of sno-seal. The sno-seal did not seem to have any darkening effect on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by akmateo 2011 White's Classic Work Boot Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Size - Length 10, Sole Vibram 700, Heel Lifts Standard, Edge Black, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Chome Excel by Horween, Leather Liner Tan, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Chome Excel by Horween, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler), Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style), Celastic Toe Box...
2011 White's Classic Work Boot Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Size - Length 10, Sole Vibram 700, Heel Lifts Standard, Edge Black, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Chome Excel by Horween, Leather Liner Tan, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Chome Excel by Horween, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler), Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style), Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Lace Design Plain Toe, Counter...
Quote: Originally Posted by Whacky Yeah, I saw those a while back. Definitely a nice take on a classic style. Are those even on White's website yet? I believe that they are a Baker's exclusive.
Quote: Originally Posted by jaydc7 New boot at bakers... http://www.bakershoe.com/shop-by-bra...sic-work-boot/ I am surprised that there has not been more interest in this newest offering from White's. It looks like a decent boot to me, just not too sure about the block heel. Has anyone ordered a pair?