or Connect

Posts by thisfits

Drop.
Got this off of Gilt during their final sale. Very nice leather. Unfortunately doesn't look quite right on my frame. Would work well on a SLIM 36/38. Pretty much new; only worn one day out of the house. Original retail was $398; I'm asking $100 OBO shipped, including PayPal fees. Please PM if interested. Pit-to-pit: approx. 20" Length (BOC): approx. 24"
Quote: Originally Posted by Jump Around Thanks for the info Thisfits! Basically I asked about the stiffness because I don't like the feeling of it and if they do soften up I'd love to keep it. Last thing I want to do is pay and wait for a shirt and when it arrives I immediately dislike how it feels. Then return it but find out it softens up after a wash. Ah. Mine's been through one or two washes, and it still feels and sounds crinkly. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jump Around Yeah I think I'm going to have to do the same unless someone can tell me if this is normal. I was surprised because there were a lot of posts that said they liked their poplins. Unless other print poplins are made with a different material. Anyone know? The crinkly feel came with their F/W released poplins. Their first run poplins were very soft. I own both (wearing the latter today, actually). So...
Quote: Originally Posted by zerostyle Rugged Mesh Polos - Smalls ran -very- small IMO. I could barely get one on me. Very tight in the chest. I would go with a medium if you are about my size. I have similar dimensions (though shorter and heavier) and ran into the same issue. I'm a Small in everything else they carry, but it looks like you need to size up for the polos. I got one Jersey and one Mesh; will be returning both.
Quote: Originally Posted by mike868y dirt bags. I was waiting for the blue one to go on sale. The solid blue and white oxfords have never gone on sale. Quote: Originally Posted by kmdsimpson Reminds me of Martin and Osa and American Eagle. But LEC does not have standalone stores, as far as I know. And they get a lot of press. It is hard to get a read on whether they are struggling or not. That said, I'd like for them...
Quote: Originally Posted by johnH123 Anybody got experience washing/cleaning the wool/cotton crewneck sweaters? It says machine washable on the website, but I don't want it to shrink much in length (it's spot on as it is, any shorter wouldn't work for me) although I wouldn't mind the collar shrinking up a bit. I don't own those specific sweaters, but I do own a couple of their cotton-cashmeres and cotton-wool-synthetic blends. We machine...
Quote: Originally Posted by kmdsimpson Can't help with the polos, but curious what you think of the naval officer shirt. I really like mine. I like the material and construction, but for a guy my height (5'6.5") I think even the Small is a bit long in the sleeves and the body. Right now I'm debating whether to return it or take it to the tailor. Honestly, all of their stuff is a bit long on me. Not such a big deal for the shirts and...
Just received an order consisting of the Naval Officer Shirt, the Fairisle sweater, a jersey polo, and a mesh polo. Has anyone else gotten both the oxfords and the polos? The Small oxfords fit me alright in the shoulders, but the Small polos are very narrow ... lots of bunching around the collar. Or is that how polos are supposed to fit?
Quote: Originally Posted by ArsenalDan Anyone have the Down Vest? I have the Down Vest from the main Lands End line in a small - I sized down....is the fit different? ie, should I remain TTS at medium for the LEC vest? If you're a Small in mainline Lands' End, I think a Small in LEC will be similar, but slimmer. I bought but returned a mainline Small because it was a little too big for my taste. Went with a Boys' Large, which was just about...