or Connect

Posts by thisfits

Quote: Originally Posted by ginlimetonic cancel the wedding and buy a Patek Nautilus. It will never betray you. about the mean cost of a wedding = $28,000, is there a heavy skew to the right, where million dollar weddings are raising the sample mean. Probably. But if you compare it with some of the numbers posted in this thread, it's probably not too far off. Most seem to be in the $20K to $30K range. There was another heart-breaking...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teacher Ahem. As I, one of the first to respond in this thread, have already indicated: I have already been through all of this. I know firsthand how things can get out of control. Just because the average cost of a wedding is $28,000 doesn't mean you have to spend even close to that. (In fact, I'd love to know where you got that figure.) My wedding was a fraction of that. We had a lovely time without alcohol (it was in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fraiche We're doing our research now and it's looking like $20-25K is pretty standard after it was broken down. Just food and drinks alone is at least $10K. Where's her extra $5K-$10K coming from? Yeah, food and drinks was our biggest expense. We looked at our budget, and between us decided that what we really valued was having as many of our friends there to celebrate as possible. So we scaled down from a...
Ours cost ~$15K for 400 guests (about 350 turned up). We paid for most of it out-of-pocket (parents were in a tough place financially and couldn't help much). Quote: Originally Posted by Fraiche Gents - I am about to go down this path and trying to forecast the budget realistically. GF wants to spend about $30K and I'm trying to talk her down to $20K ($25K max) as I would rather put the money on a downpayment for a home. Is this a realistic cost for...
Mrs. Sarkozy ... suppose this song could be posted in the Italian thread, too... IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU...
Figured this would have made an appearance after the shot of the Olympic squad...
Quote: Originally Posted by cowsareforeating Don't know if this is noteworthy but thought I'd post: For the marled blazer... It fit fine up top, but the sleeve length and the total length were a bit long. I warm washed and warm machine dried w/ fabric softener (against recommendation of tag) So no problems with the washing. A little tighter in the shoulders. Probably an inch of shrinkage in the sleeve length, and an inch in length. So...
Quote: Originally Posted by cowsareforeating doubt its TOO thick, although i think you'd have issues over the summer... im scared im too short.. im a bit over 5'6... Hey, I'm the same height. My experience is that the blazers run a wee bit long (~29.5"). It's acceptable, but definitely eschews current trends. The real problem for me is the sleeves ... they're ~35", where I'm ~32", as I expect most 5'6" guys are.
Right.
Quote: Originally Posted by kmdsimpson At the sale price, the naval officer shirt is a steal. At sale + 40% off w/coupon, it is an incredible deal. Under $30, and you can drop it at your nearest Sears if you don't like it. Ack ... just realized my original post could be misinterpreted. Naval officer shirt is going for $34.99, not $17.