or Connect

Posts by thisfits

Quote: Originally Posted by johnH123 Anybody got experience washing/cleaning the wool/cotton crewneck sweaters? It says machine washable on the website, but I don't want it to shrink much in length (it's spot on as it is, any shorter wouldn't work for me) although I wouldn't mind the collar shrinking up a bit. I don't own those specific sweaters, but I do own a couple of their cotton-cashmeres and cotton-wool-synthetic blends. We machine...
Quote: Originally Posted by kmdsimpson Can't help with the polos, but curious what you think of the naval officer shirt. I really like mine. I like the material and construction, but for a guy my height (5'6.5") I think even the Small is a bit long in the sleeves and the body. Right now I'm debating whether to return it or take it to the tailor. Honestly, all of their stuff is a bit long on me. Not such a big deal for the shirts and...
Just received an order consisting of the Naval Officer Shirt, the Fairisle sweater, a jersey polo, and a mesh polo. Has anyone else gotten both the oxfords and the polos? The Small oxfords fit me alright in the shoulders, but the Small polos are very narrow ... lots of bunching around the collar. Or is that how polos are supposed to fit?
Quote: Originally Posted by ArsenalDan Anyone have the Down Vest? I have the Down Vest from the main Lands End line in a small - I sized down....is the fit different? ie, should I remain TTS at medium for the LEC vest? If you're a Small in mainline Lands' End, I think a Small in LEC will be similar, but slimmer. I bought but returned a mainline Small because it was a little too big for my taste. Went with a Boys' Large, which was just about...
Quote: Originally Posted by max-t hope a new coupon comes up soon THINKWARM PIN:3326 still works through the 26th, I believe. 20% off sale and clearance Lands' End Canvas (I think mainline Lands End doesn't work), plus free shipping on $50+.
Quote: Originally Posted by matt22616 Against my better judgement I got the heritage straight collar poplin in white. I couldn't really turn down $16 for a staple shirt. I got a couple of the button-down poplins around five months ago or so, and I think someone mentioned that they'd changed the fabric since then? That was my main qualm, fit was good. Anyone know? Yeah, that was weird. I own a bunch of their poplins ... the original run...
Quote: Originally Posted by floete Code CANVASFS50 and pin 3311 -- i just plugged that in and i get the free shipping but not the 20% off. And I want both! anybody have a new coupon for both? Yeah, it expired last night. Haven't tried this, but JAN14 PIN 7003 is supposed to give 25% off reduced or clearance items on Lands End ... not sure if it applies to Canvas, too. Try it out.
Quote: Originally Posted by max-t the exrta20 code stopped working, anything else? CANVASFS50 (PIN: 3311) for 20% off sale items, and free shipping for $50+ purchase.
Quote: Originally Posted by bl@ster Ok, can I just unload a few Land's End Canvas pet peeves? Ok. First of all, I like their stuff and I'm a loyal customer, but.... 1. They've got to get rid of their male models. The black dude with the goofy grin and huge gap between his teeth belongs at a local communicty college, not modeleing their stuff. And the geeky white dude with the dark hair and hipster glasses looks really generic. 2. I REALLY hate when...
Two of my friends were married in the past five years. One had a wedding that was likely $100K+: over 600 guests invited, eight course meal, multiple wedding singer acts, $100 bottles of Hennessy at each table as party favors. The other had a wedding that probably didn't run much more than $1000: married by a friend in another friend's backyard with maybe two dozen people in attendance, handmade party favors and hors d'oeuvres from a local specialty grocer. Both couples...