or Connect

Posts by thisfits

I've never run a business and don't know much about these things, but I'm sure part of the reason why Yoox beats Mr. Porter on prices is because they don't have garment measurements and poor product descriptions. You'd have to pay people to do that extra work, and that extra cost gets added to their prices. Yoox works and is successful for now because a huge, hyper-efficient warehouse is better for cost savings than reducing return rates.I've been blacklisted from STP's...
That's a bit harsh. There's no way as a 38S that I'd wear a 30.25" length jacket. It's on the high-end of R, certainly not R/S.
It's confirmed. Here's the email.And it is weird that they're doing one so soon after the last one. I thought they only did one Corporate Sale a year.
Someone who says he's close to the company posted this on Reddit:"As someone who works close with the company, the idea is to bring canvas a core together to add back more style to the core line that it has been lacking for a while. You will see slim fit in tailored and bottoms as well as dress and possibly sportshirts. Tailored fit in Blazers will remain but will try to introduce more "trend right" pattern work"
Dunno if anyone here is on their email list, but they sent out a goodbye message a couple days ago. The wording is a bit ambiguous, so it's hard to tell if they're talking about LEC shutting down, or just the separate LEC email list.There was talk here and over on reddit's mfa that this is the end, and that LEC failed. Maybe this is just me being contrarian, but I think the opposite is happening -- LEC won, and is quietly taking over Lands' End in a bid to compete more...
Here's a cell phone shot of the post-alterations Napoli.
Ah ... I should mention, I sized up one in the trousers since I found the original Classico trousers too tight in the thighs--they kinda clung to the back of my leg. Since you didn't happen to have any navy Napoli trousers available in size 34, I went with a size 34 Classico instead.So yes, they're a bit loose. Not yet decided on whether I'll have to the tailor do anything about it.Speaking of the tailor -- I'm off now to pick up the Napoli. I had the sleeves shortened and...
Haha, no ... I'm generously 5'7".It may be the angle, but it could also be that my gut and considerable rear are pushing up the jacket. I've lost a few pounds since I took those pics, and the tailor didn't see a need to let out the jacket any when I took it to him a couple weeks ago, so maybe the length is adjusted accordingly.FWIW, I'd say the grey is about where I like the length of the jackets I wear, and the navy is teeeeeeny bit short, but acceptable.
Here are some fit pics -- the navy jacket is an unaltered Napoli, the grey jacket is a Classico after a morning of wear. Classico's probably also due for a good steam and cleaning.
I'll have to check the pictures I took, but I think it's both arms. And I do encounter this issue with other brands (Boglioli comes to mind). I haven't had the sleeve pitch fixed because I've heard that's an expensive and difficult operation, and it doesn't bother me that much.I do notice that if I move my arms forward slightly, the sleeves clean up considerably, so I'm guessing it needs a counter-clockwise rotation.