or Connect

Posts by Nikias

Any news on when you might start selling from the UK?
Congrats on the move - do you know yet when the UK site will be open for business? Will you post it on here or put it in your newsletter once you're accepting orders? I could do with a new suit and I'd love to try a Benjamin...
What you were looking at is more of a peacoat or reefer jacket than a trench coat because of the length. It's not really something you can wear over a sports/suit jacket either and is a fairly casual garment all round.If you are looking for something that is going to last and is more than purely casual, then a tip might be to look for coats that are sized in chest size by inches at least rather than by small/medium/large.Wait...you mean those AREN'T what I thought you...
The same, I think; I just don't think anyone from the UK (certainly in my age group) would be seen dead in them. I first learnt the word in this context on StyleForum!This. Plenty of trenches offer an optional zip-in wool lining. You could look at something like this if you want a traditional trench (i.e., knee length or longer and not the high fashion women's trenches men wear at the moment) and don't want to pay Burberrys' retail or go to charity shops or eBay. I...
Heh! Reading a thread full of 'slacks' and 'pants' and 'pleats' has a similar effect on me.
Where would you recommend on Jermyn Street for odd jackets out of interest? I have looked there in the past myself, but been disappointed. Harvie & Hudson and Charles Tyrwhitt do a few, I know, but I hated the cut on those and the other shops tend to mostly offer shirts and shoes. Hackett do some that look good, but they are not worth the high prices for the quality IMO. Off Jermyn Street, I would probably have just recommended looking at M&S, House of Fraser, John...
I did not mean to endorse this look as the pinnacle of sartorial elegance (I'm not a fan either and quite glad I don't have to do it myself), but it is very common here in those environments that don't require a suit and tie: I think ClassAct could do worse than turning up to his first day at the office looking like this. I do rather like the sports jacket and tie look and I think it looks sophisticated, but I would say that the nebulous dress code of 'business casual' in...
As a fellow Brit only a couple of years older than you, one thing I would say is that you don't want to look too American based on what you read on SF. Some of the popular looks on this site, like navy blazers, button-down shirts, brown shoes, pocket squares etc. don't share the same popularity in the UK as they do in the States and elsewhere; you could stand out too much as a result if you turn up wearing all that gear. I do wear all those things myself, but generally...
Graduation is your day; I don't see why you can't wear a three-piece if that pleases you. My graduation was a formal affair with everyone in suits, ties, caps and gowns and I would have worn a three-piece if I had had a nice one then most likely.
You could wait for the Cheaney shoes to go on sale in the summer (unless you are looking for a very popular model). I got a pair of Cheaneys on sale at the Bow Lane shop for £139 in January, reduced about £100. If you need them now, then you could try the likes of Loakes, Barker, Grenson et al. as discussed above, but I don't think any of their more affordable offerings are made in this country for a start. I have a pair of Grensons and a pair of Barkers and the leather...