or Connect

Posts by thecentennial

No idea re the "globes" - didn't ask for them specifically. The colour is growing on me, wasn't too sure at first glance - probably because it wasn't exactly what I was excpecting. It's almost like a deep whiskey (as opposed to a light cigar). I'll report on the fit tonight when I get them home. Go on, put an order in..
Hah, I was lucky, man - they probably found a piece laying about on the workshop floor or something. It's not a color they frequently use. The taps were EURO35 IIRC. The natural edge soles look fantastic. Will the colour on these get lighter or darker with age?
It is done! Shell is a lot lighter than I expected, though Rezso did say it was a "light cigar" shell. Here are some photos, I haven't tried them on for fit, but they look amazing.
Looks like a natural CXL or a waxy leather? I'd first give them a good clean with renomat to strip off the inground dirt that has set in the cuts/abrasions. You're now dealing with a clean surface, and it may even look better. Then apply polish in thin coats, in a shade a little lighter than the shoe colour. It will take patience and many coats. Just my thoughts, I'm sure other more experienced shoe-men will have much better suggestions!
I'm too scared to open it, in case I don't like them. I've always been a "parcel sitter" - didn't open my Christmas presents until the afternoon
Look what just came in the post...
Hi Gdot. New Peter last, double leather, full goyser.
Cigar shell norwegers
Just got an email from Vass saying my shoes have been made, and have already shipped. Thats 2 weeks early! Will post pics once they arrive.
Shoes and shirts. Nice shoes and shirts :nodding: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/tony_hatton/m.html?item=300740588968&viewitem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562