or Connect

Posts by thecentennial

I've emailed them and requested to be added to the list - cigar PTB at 10.5D please..
How does one buy alden seconds from shoemart? Do they have a mailing list, or are they just advertised on the site with the other shoes?
I bought my pair from the Freeport store too. I've sent photos to a reputable cobbler in a location I will be visiting soon. If he has good news, I'll pack 'em up and bring them with me.
..harping on.. I just looked at a pair of "new" Leeds on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ALLEN-EDMONDS-LEEDS-BURGUNDY-SHELL-CORDOVAN-8-5-E-WIDE-575-/251038953262?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a73166f2e Check out the left shoe in the same area - a bit of a botched patching job, but it makes me think this type of defect was common with this design.
We probably bought them at the same store at similar times - it looks like they were selling a few with this major defect.Is it worth me escalating - or should I just forget about it. I want to keep the shoes - not only because they look great, but also I'm from Leeds.... However,it's not worth me shipping back and shipping a new pair out here again - that would be $150 on shipping alone! I guess that's part and parcel of buying seconds...but I would have expected the...
That was my initial thought, I didnt even realise I was buying seconds to be honest..in my ignorance I assumed they were firsts on sale (I got the tip on the cordovan sale from this thread). Anyway, I explained this to the store and they offered a refund if I returned them, but its a large chunk of change, and fhey cant replace as they dont have any seconds in my size, only firsts. I always read on here AE customer service was world class, so Im a little disappointed...
So i bought a pair of Leeds in cordo, they are seconds. They arrived with a split in the heel area. It will cost me a lot to return for a refund as I live in saudi, on top of the shipping costs out here. Could I ask for an opinion as to whether this damage could be repaired by a competent cobbler ie stitched and reinforced? Or should I just eat the $100 cost and return?
Bought a brown pair.."distressed" cordovan is the description.For the experts, is there a difference between cordovan and shell cordovan. Cordovan may just be standard horse leather, whilst the shell comes from the booty.
No worries - understand completely. Yes, please let me know when they are back in stock.BTW, thank you for sending me the "thing"....is the "thing" you sent me stackable? Not much use if I can get 10% alreadty using the SF discount code.
Smashed!Love seeing well worn shoes...tells a story.