or Connect

Posts by thecentennial

..kopped a pair of AS exclusive Hannover boots - they look (and smell) amazing. Just waiting to sort out a little niggle with Sarah, but fantastic service again from AFPOS. Pics to follow!
Grabbed a pair of LVC 1947 - pretty good price at $102 shipped.
The crepe sole on my aldens is wearing too rapidly for my liking, especially the outside heel area. Im thinking of putting on heel taps, but am concerned the nails will be difficult to hammer/push in, and they may also not hold. May use shoe goo to bond the tap to the heel, though thought Id ask here if anyone has done something similar.
Creasing is not bad, to my eye - it looks like a waxed chromexcel type leather. With the "moisturiser" and cream you put on the shoe (care to elaborate what this was?) - this may also make it difficult to bring up a shine. Personally like the look and would leave as is.
Alden x LS natty longwings. Only products i.e an source are renovateur,dubbin, neutral cremes and polish. I want to make sure the leather is well conditioned, with minimal shine.
Cant find a definitive thread entry for the care of natural chromexcel. Neatsfoot appears to be recommended, but I cant source this in my location. What are the alternatives? Reno? Dubbin? lexol?
I bought 'em both, match made in heaven Interesting version of the William II, in that it doesnt have the captoe, makes it more casual. Never seen one without the captoe.
Couldn't resist..kopped.
ALEXANDER MCQUEEN SS09 SCARPA PELLE CUOIO DOUPHIN SIZE EU44, which is a US 10.5D or 11D depending on which site you look at. I'm a stock 11D and they fit fine. I bought this pair of McQueen shoes a year ago and haven't had the guts to wear 'em. Plus I don't really have any decent threads to wear 'em with. So, I'm letting them go to a wonderful SF member who can rock them far better than me The workmanship on these shoes is amazing - the pictures say it all. Beautiful...