or Connect

Posts by bimper

Up for sale: very good condition Grenson Tyler shoes in a UK 8 size. I picked these up a few years back for over $300 and have worn them, I'd estimate, 15 times--they have a long life ahead. They're black with tasteful brogueing and a sleek profile, and a good-looking brown contrast sole. Nice and light, sharp and versatile shoes good for casual to semi-formal occasions. Note that I included a few "stock" pix--my poor photog skills make the shoes look a bit shinier...
Up for sale: Barely worn Howard Yount mid-grey wool trousers, in size 36 of the HY made-in-Italy fit. They're in terrific condition, having been worn only 3 or 4 times. I've learned that the HY made-in-US fit just works a lot better for me, so I'm letting these ones go. A very classic mid-grey color in a versatile year-round wool weight, with flat front, belt loops, curtained waist band, zip fly, and two rear pockets. I've had them hemmed, so see measurements below....
Hi, the Italian cut is a slimmer cut than the U.S.-made trousers.
Up for sale: Unworn (save for try-on) 50/50 wool/silk tie from top-notch haberdasher Pierrepont Hicks. This one never got into my rotation, but its a great pattern with a muted-but-fun color combo of burgundy/blue/white/off-white. Very sharp, and pretty much in mint condition after spending a few years on my tie rack without coming off. It clearly needs a better owner! Measures 3" across at the widest point, and 58" long. Yours for $40 (conus only please), assuming...
Up for sale: unworn (except for try on) black grenadine tie from Sam Hober. This is the grenadine fina #7, as in the link below. Measures 3.25" at widest point, and 57" long. Other than the width, nothing else was customized: its the standard Hober 4-fold construction. A simple and elegant tie, great for evening wear--I just have a glut of ties and realized that this one has been on my tie rack too long going unworn. $65 shipped (conus only, please) assuming paypal...
Up for sale: lovely indigo blue chambray scarf from the Hill-side. I picked this up a few seasons back at Unionmade in San Francisco. I guess I'm not much of a scarf guy though, since I haven't worn it even once. And I have to say that it is far too fetching to just sit in my closet. It's a beautiful rich shade of blue, with a simple and very elegant repeated cross pattern. It measures 20.25" x 69". Yours for $45 shipped (conus only please), assuming paypal sent as...
Update: My tailor says there is 1 inch of fabric available to lengthen the sleeve. So my 24" from top of shoulder measurement could be extended to 25". Hope this helps.
Hi: Good question, and I'd better check in with my tailor on that. I'll see him this coming Saturday and will let you know.
Up for sale: A great pair of Howard Yount charcoal wool trousers, very lightly used, in size 36 of the HY made-in-Italy fit. They're in terrific condition, as I have only worn them perhaps 5 or 6 times. I've learned that the HY made-in-US fit just works a lot better for me, so I'm letting this little-worn pair go. These are a great staple charcoal color, in a versatile year-round weight, with flat front, belt loops, curtained waist band, zip fly, and two rear pockets....
Up for sale: A great pair of Howard Yount navy wool trousers, very lightly used, in size 36 of the HY made-in-Italy fit. They're in terrific condition, as I have only worn them perhaps 3-4 times. I've since discovered that Jamison's U.S. fit works a lot better for me. These are a great shade of dark navy, in a year-round weight, with flat front, belt loops, curtained waist band, zip fly, and two rear pockets. I've had them hemmed, so see measurements below. Other then...