or Connect

Posts by bimper

Up for sale: Black Stutterheim raincoat in a Euro size 48/US size 38. I picked this up in early 2011, and it was handmade in one the earliest batches the company produced. I have a lot of rain gear, and well, it just doesn't rain here in California. Because of this, I've worn it only a handful of times--I'd guess 5 or 6 times only. It deserves to be worn, so I'm letting it go. Buy it from me, and no doubt the heavens will open up with 30 days and 30 nights of steady...
Up for sale: Bonobos Flatiron Jeans in the straight leg fit, size 33 waist. I picked these up a few years back when Bonobos first released jeans in their lineup. They've been worn no more than 3 or 4 times, so they are in great shape--I've just got a glut of dark denim, and am doing a bit of shedding. Note that I had them the leg length slightly shortened and rehemmed--please take note of measurements below. These are Bonobos' most popular jean--a great...
Up for sale: Very lightly worn Howard Yount beige wool trousers, in size 36 of the HY made-in-Italy fit. They're in terrific condition, having been worn only 4 or 5 times. I've learned that the HY made-in-US fit just works a lot better for me, so I'm letting these ones go. Its a very versatile light beige color in a year-round wool weight, with flat front, belt loops, curtained waist band, zip fly, and two rear pockets. A great pairing with a navy jacket. Note that I...
Up for sale: Barely-worn Howard Yount pick and pick trousers in mid-grey wool. Beautiful texture and nice heft to these--great for fall/winter/early spring. I like these better than HY's famed flannels, but alas the fit is too trim for me. I wound up wearing these perhaps 5 times total, certainly no more than that. These are size 36 in the original Italian HY fit. I did have them hemmed and cuffed (1.5 inches): check the measurements below. Fantastic pants--these...
Up for sale: Bonobos Shamus trench in navy, size S. I've had this a few years, and worn it maybe 4 or 5 times tops. It's just slightly too trim for me. It's in very good condition, and looks great--a simple, classic look. Note that I had the sleeves shortened slightly upon purchase--please check the measurements. Here's a link to a mensstylepro feature on the coat, along with good pix to give you an idea of the look and fit in the wild: ...
Up for sale: very good condition Grenson Tyler shoes in a UK 8 size. I picked these up a few years back for over $300 and have worn them, I'd estimate, 15 times--they have a long life ahead. They're black with tasteful brogueing and a sleek profile, and a good-looking brown contrast sole. Nice and light, sharp and versatile shoes good for casual to semi-formal occasions. Note that I included a few "stock" pix--my poor photog skills make the shoes look a bit shinier...
Up for sale: Barely worn Howard Yount mid-grey wool trousers, in size 36 of the HY made-in-Italy fit. They're in terrific condition, having been worn only 3 or 4 times. I've learned that the HY made-in-US fit just works a lot better for me, so I'm letting these ones go. A very classic mid-grey color in a versatile year-round wool weight, with flat front, belt loops, curtained waist band, zip fly, and two rear pockets. I've had them hemmed, so see measurements below....
Hi, the Italian cut is a slimmer cut than the U.S.-made trousers.
Up for sale: Unworn (save for try-on) 50/50 wool/silk tie from top-notch haberdasher Pierrepont Hicks. This one never got into my rotation, but its a great pattern with a muted-but-fun color combo of burgundy/blue/white/off-white. Very sharp, and pretty much in mint condition after spending a few years on my tie rack without coming off. It clearly needs a better owner! Measures 3" across at the widest point, and 58" long. Yours for $40 (conus only please), assuming...
Up for sale: unworn (except for try on) black grenadine tie from Sam Hober. This is the grenadine fina #7, as in the link below. Measures 3.25" at widest point, and 57" long. Other than the width, nothing else was customized: its the standard Hober 4-fold construction. A simple and elegant tie, great for evening wear--I just have a glut of ties and realized that this one has been on my tie rack too long going unworn. $65 shipped (conus only, please) assuming paypal...