or Connect

Posts by ShelterIslandMike

The OP was about the lines of suits carried by BB and the difference among them. When did it turn into a China-bashing session?
Hey, ninety percent of the women who tell you about their rules are full of shit. If I had a nickel for every woman who told me afterward, "I can't believe I just ..." or "I never do this with ... ," I'd be a gazillionaire. The next time she tells you about her co-worker rule, just say, "Yeah, but that rule has got to go. Otherwise, you're never going to see me naked."
I was wearing a pair of dark brown oxfords with a navy suit in court one day, when my adversary, a woman, mentioned four times that she couldn't believe I was wearing brown shoes. The first three times, I ignored her. The fourth time, I said, "That's true - about blue and black, but that's for normal folks, not guy's like me. I look fucking great in these shoes. I wouldn't try it, though, if I were you." I didn't hear much from her after that.
I can see people wearing this stuff, if they're nuts and they work in an occupation where they're never seen. I'm talking total invisibility. I mean a person could get beat up for wearing this stuff, even at church. With that said, I'd love to wear almost everything in the main catalogue, if I could afford it.
Quote: Originally Posted by politico AE is great for those of us on a budget. I picked up some closeout Soho's in cognac. They're great shoes, look amazing, and I get tons of compliments. It's a shame they discontinued such a good looking shoe. any insights into why? I don't know, but I bought the same shoe at the 20-30-40 % sale at the factory store. I like them, and could grow to love them, once my feet get used to the 0 last. They...
Let me ask you guys this, from a SA's perspective. I bought a v-neck sweater from a national men's store. I wore it four times, no big deal. I looked at it before putting it on a fifth time, and noticed the seam under the arm had about a three-inch split. The next time I was in the store, I had the sweater, showed it to the SA and told her exactly what happened. I said, "I don't know your policy about something like this, where I've actually worn the sweater and more...
I've got an ex-wife, a daughter and a former friend who are demanding that I get involved in some messy shit of their own making which has nothing to do with me. It's like getting an invitation to a cluster fuck. I'd have to be nuts to accept, but they don't want to accept no for an answer.
Before you get married, make sure you get a legal pad at Walmart and write down everything you know that your future bride is doing to make money. You'll need that later - for the divorce - when she tells you that she gave up her career as the highest paid rocket scientist in the world in order to marry you and help your career. Also, get a diary and make a notation every single time you get laid throughout your marriage. That way, later on, you'll get to know exactly how...
Quote: Originally Posted by Loupe Just to place that into context, AE are considered 'entry level' for most (many?) of the readers of this forum; i.e. they are very good quality, and therefore the very least you might want to put on your foot. You will certainly be outgunning most of your contemporaries in the shoe race. Allen Edmonds is an excellent shoe and to describe it as "entry level" is an example of the stuffiness of a great many of...
Congrats. I wish I had done something like this years ago. Few items in a wardrobe are more important or versatile than a navy blazer. I'd move that from the bottom of your list to number one on your list. On the wing tips, watch out for the Bel Air. It's a nice looking shoe (and AE has a special on the walnut right now), but it's made on the 0 last. That doesn't work well on a lot of feet. The MacNeil, the McCallister or even the Lombard might fit better and there's no...