or Connect

Posts by bunnyoswaldo

Bag arrived and is terrific......thanks pal.
So I am a bit confused on something. I saw today in Esquire (I believe it was) and article on Kiton and the fella in charge of Kiton US operations. At the tail end they had a Kiton super microfiber fabric (11mil?) that had a going price of $11,000. My understanding from my readings here is that a bespoke MTM suit from a respected tailor using high end fabrics is always preferable to a RTW garment. I also gather that such a bespoke garment would cost 3k-5k. That being...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 +1, if you regularly wear suits and haven't worn one or more of them for over a year it's probably time to clean some out. However, if space or money are not issues then it probably doesn't really matter. I should add, I am an attorney---commercial litigation. I wear one every day. Sometimes even weekends depending upon the workload/client mtg require. I have learned that when you are being paid...
How many is too many? I bought a few nicer ones back in 2004-2005 (, Hugo Boss, Zegna, Canali, Prada, Armani Black Label, Gieves & Hawkes, Barbera). The higher end ones were the Zegnas and Canali's. I think at that time I thought that those 2 makes were B+/A- and the Armani BLs were the A+. I was in the market for some new ones due to the wear/tear and a few moth holes. I have been avidly reading here and now have a few Oxxfords, a few Borellis, 2 Pal Zileris, 2...
pm sent.......
Greetings....here is the deal. My Normal suit size is a 46/56 jacket and pants in the 34 waist size. Consequently, I end up having to have the pants essentially re-sewn to make them fit and look right. I have located a seller who I am guessing got stuck with someone's MTM Borelli special order. There are 3 or 4 of these suits available. I bought one for $800 and its worked perfect. He has offered the rest at the $800/per suit price. My guess is that there has been...
10 Beverly Coat Hangers for $20 shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/Contoured-Light-...item3efe4cabec Funny a few weeks ago I found a set of 50 for $35 shipped. They arrived today and all of my suit jackets have been Beverized.....
Thanks for all the imput (especially the age/year) All in all I could not get too jazzed about a 10 yr old suit. I ended up opting for a bit pricier but less used yr old Borrelli
and this would be?
Greetings: Somewhat new to the forum and have done some reading of prior posts. I have my eyes on a a GIANLUCA ISAIA suit listed on the ebay. Item no 180508177722. I have read that there are some ISAIA's that are not of the level as the company's main and best known offerings. How does one tell from a label, observable construction standpoint? I guess my question is, absent asking someone to do the pinch and float test to determine if the canvas is fused, 1/2&1/2 or...