or Connect

Posts by bunnyoswaldo

pm sent.......
Greetings....here is the deal. My Normal suit size is a 46/56 jacket and pants in the 34 waist size. Consequently, I end up having to have the pants essentially re-sewn to make them fit and look right. I have located a seller who I am guessing got stuck with someone's MTM Borelli special order. There are 3 or 4 of these suits available. I bought one for $800 and its worked perfect. He has offered the rest at the $800/per suit price. My guess is that there has been...
10 Beverly Coat Hangers for $20 shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/Contoured-Light-...item3efe4cabec Funny a few weeks ago I found a set of 50 for $35 shipped. They arrived today and all of my suit jackets have been Beverized.....
Thanks for all the imput (especially the age/year) All in all I could not get too jazzed about a 10 yr old suit. I ended up opting for a bit pricier but less used yr old Borrelli
and this would be?
Greetings: Somewhat new to the forum and have done some reading of prior posts. I have my eyes on a a GIANLUCA ISAIA suit listed on the ebay. Item no 180508177722. I have read that there are some ISAIA's that are not of the level as the company's main and best known offerings. How does one tell from a label, observable construction standpoint? I guess my question is, absent asking someone to do the pinch and float test to determine if the canvas is fused, 1/2&1/2 or...
Quote: Originally Posted by stylinOnU got a hickey freeman suit off of ebay, pinstripes don't match at shoulders. is it fake? any other way to tell it's fake? here's a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT this is my 2nd post and i would really appreciate any help any of you might be able to offer. thanks. your link did not post...?
In asking the question, I should have defined my expectations. Obviously I am aware that a RTW suit will probably never be as well fit as a MTM. That being said, I don't think it too much to have a tailor interested in more than just the vertical and horizontal sizing (sleeves, pant legs, waist). As well, I am not that interested in someone who will tell me how "if I was doing a MTM then...". Is it unrealistic that one can locate a nice (Oxxford, Brioni, Canali,...
Anyone have any recommendations? I have tried Zimm and he seems capable of doing hems and repairs, but not true 'fit tailoring'. I have tried Vincent and he is quite pricey and again does not seem to have the patience to really get the fit right.
Anyone know anything about an Oxxford model suit called "Maxwell". I called the Oxxford store in NYC and they said it was a MTM Crest Model (whatever that means).