or Connect

Posts by Troilus

To the gentleman who grabbed the 10D Brooks PAs and the 10D brown Neumoras this morning. You are a lucky man--treat them with the respect they deserve.
Those Hamptons are pretty casual, particularly with the pebble grain. I've been considering them myself, but I think that as a first shoe you may want something more formal. You won't want to wear those to a job interview.
That's correct. The two 1818 suits come out to $1200 when the 30% off corporate sale is stacked on the 2 for $1699 price. Honestly, this current sale isn't great. It's just 15% off, which you can get with a corporate card on any other day.
Can someone confirm the 2 for $250 on closeouts next week?
Theory: You're supposed to enter it into your actual BB online acount, and it is supposed to automatically give your the deduction at checkout. Reality: It never works, and I've had to call BB customer service every time I've bought something. I recommend buying the item online, then calling customer service. Takes them less than 5 minutes to discount the price.
Damn. I just bought a pair of Grenson Chelseas, but these just put mine to shame.
I seem to remember that at least one sale (FF maybe?) applies to clearance items as well. Can anyone remind me if that's true? It might have also just been one of the promotional cards I received in the mail.
I have the Firm and a few of the Subpoena ties. Great workhorse ties. The Firm is a particularly good deal; very good heft for a $10 tie. The Subpoena ties are thinner but still useful.
Wholecuts are considered more stylish, particularly because they usually come on a thinner last that them gives more of a European feel.Let me make clear that I love wholecuts and plan to buy a pair in the near future. You have enough shoes that you'll be able to rotate your shoes without a problem (I had a buddy who got through three years at Cravath on two pairs of captoes). But my point is to recognize that they are a "sometimes" shoe in law.
AE just brought back a wholecut (Hanover) on a 333 last.http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF2962_1_40000000001_-1As for general suggestions about a "Manhattan law firm," I'm guessing from your wardrobe and the timing of your email that you're going to be an incoming first year this fall. It won't really matter what you wear, but I would never wear wholecuts to a client meeting. I certainly don't wear them to court. That's what PAs and FAs are for.If your...