or Connect

Posts by Troilus

We've had this answered earlier in this thread. AE cuts leather in certain patterns but does not construct the shoe immediately in order to save space. So the shoe has to be put together, even though the materials are there. The 8 weeks is the outer bound of the time, however; I've gotten shoes in one week after putting in such an order.
Just got an email from the Knottery: made in Brooklyn grenadines are back, this time in 8 colors. They have a deal where you can preorder one for $40; used to be $55 and are going up to $65.
There must be over a hundred threads on this subject, so use the search function. If you don't know your suit measurements, it will also be difficult to buy online (you'll need to buy from a place that has a good return policy). Two possiiblities (1) Isaia suits at Sierra Trading Post (with the omnipresent 35% coupon it should be close to your budget); (2) Caruso or Benjamin suits from ehaberdasher.com.
As someone who has a couple of summer suits, my only warning is that you will not use it as much as you think. Maybe twice, three times a year.Two-button. Unless you're working the door at the Coco Cabana.
Thanks--that's what I hoped. I don't think it's vital, just want a little breathing room.
How easy is it for a tailor to let the seat out a suit and what kind of cost am I looking at? I have a couple of Brooks 1818 Fitzgeralds that just are a little too tight for me not to live in perpetual fear of a blowout.
I have AE's in bourbon and walnut; I love both, but these are not the colors with which you want to start a wardrobe. Brown burnished would be my vote as well, or merlot if you're feeling dark brown is too staid.Patrick's advice about needing more than one pair is exactly on point. These shoes aren't designed to be worn five or seven days a week. I hope you've seen the StyleForum chatter about AE seconds (see the AE Appreciation Thread for details), which should be a...
It's store and seasonal dependent, as well as what you're buying (Golden Fleece gets expedited). For me in New York and DC, it's been as short as one week, as long as three.
The standard grey for Brooks is a couple of shades lighter than charcoal. But they also have "light grey" cloth (not a standard cloth, however).
Thanks, all. Very informative. I would say my current suit is slightly smallish, but that's just me rationalizing my desire. The solution is for me to fulfill my new year's resolution of lifting weights again.