or Connect

Posts by Marcellionheart

:embar:I took a pair of C&Js to the cordonnerie on Boulevard des Marechaux on the south side just by the tram stop Jean Jaures (when walking west) at the advice of a French styleforum. Pascal Carno put in flush metal toe taps for 10 euro and they were bloody great. No English, though. I'm pretty sure he also makes bespoke shoes. Edit: This is a thread about him from that forum. http://depiedencap.leforum.eu/t14791-Pascal-Carno-un-cordonnier-qui-fait-du-neuf.htm Edit...
I'd say, if you're going to go for the Vass (and I think you should...I don't wear my Loakes that much since I got into Trickers and Alden), try them on for a long time in the store. Try a bunch of different lasts (that means you'll be trying on styles you might not necessarily like just to get an idea of how different lasts fit you. It may be that the Oxblood Derby fits less well than the Oxblood Oxford, in which case, you should go for the Oxford, for example.
Do it. They always look awesome whenever I see them in person. Still waiting for one on 4444 last.
Great Indys. How do these wear? Are they softer like Chromexcel or just as rigid as the 405s?
How long was this used for? Do you have any clearer pictures?
PSA: Some nice sales on Rakuten right now. Sub 500 usd monkey boots. Tragically, nothing in my size.
Up for sale today is a pair of MTO Trickers that I commissioned from Richard, the Shoehealer as a group buy. As much as I love them, they do not work for my feet. They have been worn between 3-5 times, but with an insole. These are size 8.5UK, fitting five, which is normal. They have a tongue pad which can be removed or left in. I will leave it for the buyer to do so. EDIT: I have noticed a small scuff at the back of the right boot visible in the second picture which...
Up for sale today is a pair of MTO Trickers that I commissioned myself from Richard, the Shoehealer. As much as I love them, they do not work for my feet. They have been worn between 10-12 times, but with an insole. These are size 8.5UK, fitting SIX, which is wide. US equivalent is EEE. They have a tongue pad which can be removed or left in. I will leave it for the buyer to do so. The specs: Trickers Eaton Semi Brogue Brown Zug Grain Leather 8.5UK 4444 last Fitting...
Sorry I have been away from the forum for sometime due to extended travel.Anyway, I went back and reviewed what I sent to Richard. I sent him a direct copy and paste of the message that I sent to everyone confirming the details of the shoe you guys wanted. I did not actually order one, so I [edit] sent the specifications that Richard sent me to everyone who was in the private message with me before anyone paid.Sincere apologies however if any one is disappointed.
Te bureau used to have some stubby stows. Dunno if they still do.