or Connect

Posts by minervau

Aaaagggghhhh just when you think you're out they pull you right back in! Thought I'd ended on the shopping spree for this month. It's been eBay purchases so far, including some Borrelli six-folds, a Panta six-fold, an Isaia six-fold, and a Drakes . . . and then this happens. Already ordered two ties . . . I is weak.
Last year I saw the RLBL's for 30 percent off during late May-early June, although I forget precisely when. They were still over $1k, though, so I'm not sure it's worth it vs. MTM services like Suit Supply or Kent Wang.
I would treat them as solids for mixing and matching purposes.
Glenlivet 15Y -- not blowing my mind but very solid. Getting a bottle of Ardbeg in a week or so.
How soon do you need them? If these are long term purchases and you can afford to wait a while, then the best option would probably be to do a quasi-MTM operation like Kent Wang (a forum affiliate). I'm getting my first KW suit next week. The basic process is: he sends you a trial suit in the size that seems closest to your proportions, you send back pictures and decide on alterations on the measurements (with a lot of alterations possible, including sleeve width/rotation,...
I think Glashutte makes some of the finest watches in the world and are of the same caliber as Jaeger-LeCoultre, so I'd vote for them. Ulysse Nardin's, and Cartier's, aesthetics are lacking to me.
My guess would be 10.5 on the New Rey, which is a very slim last and usually requires a half size up (but they use UK sizing which means a regular last like the Hiro will use half a size down). FYI if you email them a sketch of your foot they will recommend a size for you.
I've worn this tie a handful of times but have realized I prefer ties of a slightly smaller width so I'm letting it go. It measure 3 5/8" in width and approximately 60" in length. Self-keeper, and all around made of a wonderful, heavy silk that ties a great knot.
Letting go a pair of Mabitex trousers that I no longer wear. These are very slim fitting pants (see measurements). They have some visible sweat stains on the pockets but a dry cleaning will take those out no problem. Waist: 32" + 0.5" to let out Rise: 8.7" Inseam: 29.5" Leg Opening: 7.8"
I concur with navy. I think purple might make for an interesting one as well and perhaps a light blue for a spring or summer wedding. Gray is pretty versatile and I think it'll work with most tie colors other than perhaps a strong red.