or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

Is that a proper Hober?
I frequently wear patterned shirts and patterned squares, so I generally like solid ties. Grenadine gives texture without giving me another pattern. I also like royal oxford solid shirts, which have a small weave texture and looks great with a grenadine grossa larger texture.
x-post with AFPOS AS MTO thread: They're here! Thanks to Sarah for changing the shipping address to get them here today. Very pleased with the shoes and the service from AFPOS. The delay is obviously a production issue at AS. But, the quality is very nice. Some quick shots. upon first try-on of the 48 last it feels a little tight, but I'm sure they'll stretch a little; length is spot on, heel is pretty solid for a first wear- a little buckling on the inside of the...
It's wider behind the ball, but not at the ball. I have no room there. The left is a little tighter all the way. I have very low insteps, almost no arches at all. It's worse on the right than left, so that may be a factor.
A few more tidbits- The box says espresso not oak. I was concerned that the oak would be too light- I got a belt from AFPOS in oak some time ago and it's somewhat light than the shoesr. Could be the burnishing. Could be espresso is a handgrade color whereas oak is the exclusive color, much like C&J has two different chestnuts. I prefer the darker brown to the color of the oak belt. Definitely no complaints there. The sockliner says AS handgrade, not exclusive for...
They're here! Thanks to Sarah for changing the shipping address to get them here today. Very pleased with the shoes and the service from AFPOS. The delay is obviously a production issue at AS. But, the quality is very nice. Some quick shots. upon first try-on of the 48 last it feels a little tight, but I'm sure they'll stretch a little; length is spot on, heel is pretty solid for a first wear- a little buckling on the inside of the right shoe only behind the ball...
Absolutely stunning.And, great customer service again from Sarah and Julian as Sarah just confirmed that she can change my shipping to my home.
Just got my invoice from AFPOS for my Blake MTO. About to pay the balance. Fingers crossed. As per my regular situation my credit card doesn't want me buying goods from the UK over the internet, so I am on the phone with them to release the transaction.... And, payment is away. With the holiday on Thursday and my office closed on Friday, I imagine I'll see these beauties on Monday.
By naming one of the topless Theon interrogators Miranda it probably means there's no Miranda Royce... I'm going with Mya Stone.Although if it's one of Margaery's lady retainers, she'll definitely be topless.
I wasn't going to go there, then I was, then I edited my post to take it out, but I was saying, Val, Dalla, or unnamed topless extra.