or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

Yeah, Unsullied with breastplates and shields with spears don't take up a phalanx-type position against unarmored people with short swords and daggers? Seems silly. And, they have finally given Ser Barristan some lines about the Mad King and Rhaegar in the past two weeks. He has so much more to tell and presumably more to do given what happens at the end of Dance with Dragons and the two teaser chapters… seems like they are just killing people off because they don't...
I hate to mention another Gaziano & Girling model b/c the price is almost triple your price limit: the gable is clean and is an adelaide and a cap toe.The Alfred Sargent Blake is is an austerity brogue shorting adelaide. It's normally in the handgrade collection, not the exclusive, so it's also a lot more than your price range.If a little brouging is acceptable i second the vote for the C&J Wesboure (which I have in chestnut, but are available in black) or the AS Moore (I...
I don't like the proportions at all. Sorry.
If I could state a preference, the Henry/Keats models from the Handgrade line would be outstanding in burgundy or oxblood. I know that's very particular and probably harder to accomplish given the division between exclusive and handgrade, but I figure it's worth throwing out there.
Any chance you've done a oxford in burgundy or oxblood?
Adelaides are the style of oxford with a U-throat around the lacing. Those are mostly not mine, just images I've collected of my favorite style over the years. I have the Alfred Sargent third in line and at the very bottom (same shoes/different angles) The top and the red ones are bespoke and definitely not mine. I also have a pair of Crockett and Jones adelaides.If I were going for a plain adelaide with no brouging besides my AS, I'd probably buy these Gaziano and...
I'm a fan of adelaides, but I find these very unattractive. As examples of adelaides that I like check out these examples.
I have a different pair (Blake) in the same color. I use medium brown cream polish and medium brown paste on most of the shoe and dark brown on the toe.
Never thought about it at all.But, I think it's critical that both Euron and Victarion appear. [[SPOILER]]
Completely disagree about Tyrion's long road to Mereen. His stay at Magister Illyrio's is interesting especially for one point regarding Illyrio's late wife's picture. And, I really enjoyed the Griff and Young Griff storyline. Showed that Tyrion is still clever. It remains to be seen whether he will run into the other character who we already know.Once they wrote off the prophecy about the Sun's Son, The Griffin and the Lion, etc. I guess Quentin became irrelevant. ...