or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

I loved that stuff. All of the stories about the Tourney at Harrenhal and Robert's Rebellion were great, because it provided so much of the character motivation. JonCon is my favorite later introduced characters. I'm counting Wyman Manderly as early introduced b/c he first appears in ACoK. All of my other favorites had first appearances in AGoT or ACoK - Arya, Ser Barristan, Sandor, Tyrion, Catelyn (I dislike her on the show, but like her in the books), and the two...
[[SPOILER]]
He's in charge of Ser Pounce.
The Tyrion/Shae relationship is much more complicated in the books than on the show - like most else. [[SPOILER]]
[[SPOILER]]
The trial was great. Hardly deviated, if at all, from the book. The book is great. The show is great when it's close to the book. Even filing in small gaps can be great like the Cersei and Robert scenes in season 1. But the replacement plots have all sucked.
Reek is Reek, then someone else is Reek, then someone else is Reek. Reek might not have been Reek to begin with. Reek is s title, like King of the First Men, and the Andals, and Rhyonar (oh yeah, them too - like the Dornish)… as Robert says, "Titles, Titles, Titles."
If you consider the show to be an interesting parallel dream where many of the same characters inhabit the world and not really anything truly related to the books you'll be fine.The show is like a group of people playing telephone with the books. They leave a lot of stuff out and forget why the characters do anything and everything, filling in the gaps with garbage.
Cognac is more brown- a bit orange like the original color of my westborne. You could always go with middle brown if you're looking for a true brown.
Duck is pretty boring - along with his companions. Mayhaps they'll be introduced soon. More likely only three from that party will be included and Duck will be omitted.