or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

Valar Morghulis
I have an AE burgundy belt.
So does "nipples on a breastplate."
I did my second read immediately following my first. It was better than the first (except for a few plot surprises) and none of my other subsequent reads have been so revealing. The prophecies and religious stuff was really something I glossed over on the first read. Plus, Robert's rebellion and the Tourney at Harrenhal were far too confusing the first time. Oh, and that's the same Lord Wyman Manderley in A Dance with Dragons as in A Clash of Kings.
That's right.1 Stark- King in the North - the King who knelt.2 Harren the Black- King of the Iron Islands and Riverlands (built Harrenhal and melted by Aegon the Conquerer, Greyjoys became Lord Paramount)3 Gardener - King of the Reach - killed on the Field of Fire by Aegon; Tyrell became Lord Paramount4 Arryn- King of the Mountain and the Vale5 Lannister- King of the Rock6 Martell- Princedom of Dorne7 Durrandon- Storm King (Baratheon sided early with Aegon and became Lord...
The Vale of Arryn is the name of the region. House Arryn is the Lord Paramount of the region. The Eyrie is the name of the their castle.This is how things started- obviously there are some changes as to who is the Lord Paramount of various regions now.Stark/The North/Winterfell=Arryn/The Vale/The Eyrie=Lannister//The Westerlands/Casterly Rock=Tully/The Riverlands/Riverrun=Tyrell/The Reach/Highgarden=Greyjoy/The Iron Islands/Pyke=Baratheon/The Stormlands/Storm's End=House...
The Vale does. But not the Eyrie. It's a very small castle because of how it's built. It's really several castles on top of each other up a mountain where the top castle is extremely small. While impenetrable, it could easily be starved out in a siege or a long winter. The Eyrie only has the Great Hall, several sleeping rooms and the sky cells. It's got very little space for food stores.
The vale can be taken. It's the entire valley in the east north of the storm lands. The eyrie can't be taken by force from below. That's just the castle of The Lord paramount of the vale. But the eyrie doesn't have large food stores and can't survive a long siege.
I'm interested in Oxblood. I'm waiting for an oxford in oxblood in the next year and if one doesn't come I'm going to order a pair of Enzo Bonafes. It's the one glaring whole in my shoe rotation but I'm not in a huge rush. I'm a patient man, so there's no rush and the Moores, while not my ideal pick, would be something I would grab. I might prefer the Hunt or something made up Exclusive from the Handgrade line like Keats.
Except nobody is supposed to know that she's a Stark because then the Lannisters will march on the Vale.