or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

I would also pass in burgundy.Burnished oak or mahogany are my choices, with a preference toward the burnished oak.
Or Alden. Or random interesting shoes.
I think this is what my #1 preference would be. on the 48 last.
I'm definitely in for Oak or Mahogany for the Blake austerity brogue.Less interested in chestnut and would probably pass. I have C&J Westbourne in chestnut and I'm looking for some diversity in both color and style. Austerity brogues in a darker brown do that for me.Here are three shots in burnished Mahogany handgrade from Leffot:
I have.I didn't want to start it b/c I didn't want to commit the funds right now, but if someone else did, I'd have no choice.Here is the AS Blake.pic via AS websitepic via Leffot in Handgrade in burnished MahoganyPersonally, I'd be looking for calf in a mid-dark brown on the 48 last. Prefer something darker like Oak.Calf should bring the price down a bit compared to shell, which other than the Miltons seem to the favorite choice for MTO.
There are a lot of 1 and 2 BR condos along Mass Ave a little further west (toward convention center) that have either converted to rentals due to them having been built right around the bust or are perpetual rentals by owners who are terribly underwater. They were all built around 2006-8 and should have luxury/faux luxury qualities. You may want to consider the Chinatown area. It's no longer Chinatown and it has a lot of new construction.
I have three four-fold lined, self-tipped grenadines from Hober- Dark Navy, Dark Red, and Dark Purple. Yes, I prefer the darker shades for solid ties. The purple is fina, the other two grossa. More planned.Four folds are sufficiently thick. If you do anything more complicated than a four-in-hand knot unlined would be the way to go, but with four-in-hand lined is both sufficiently thick and doesn't make a clown knot. Lined six-fold with a full windsor would be silly.I...
Damn. I have a feeling these will be resold for more. Only about 6 hours late.
I wear a US8.5D in the Alden Hampton Last and UK7.5E in the C&J 348 last. I have it for shoes and not boots. The 348 is a bit longer and wears narrower. Both are comfortable for me. I have flat feet. I wear a UK8E in the C&J 363 last for the Somerville boot, which is a handgrade last. It's as long as the 348, but a tad wider and is the most comfortable shoe I own.If you have a wider foot or higher arch you probably need an 8 in the 348 especially if you wear a 9 in...
Big fan of Sky Valet. I've bought Alden and C&J there. They always are very accommodating. I know they have been frustrated with C&J's supply chain as well, but as one of only a couple dealers in the US, I guess it's just catch as catch can. I knew they discontinued their EG MTO program about a year ago. It's a shame they're loosing the line. They lost AS when they relaunched a couple years ago. I think they carried Vass up to about five years ago as well. Seems...