or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

Not just notches. Single vent, flapped pockets, and two buttons. It's just a black suit.
I figured from her makura kesa gatame Ronda would transition into kata gatame. It was available a few times. But, she does have her takui waza, so she was looking for that the whole time.
AFPOS is A Fine Pair of Shoes. There is a recent moratorium on them selling the Exclusive line outside of the EU. SF member had previously commissioned MTO through them (six pair minimum). Frequently it was handgrade shoes to the Exclusive line standards, which are lower than their handgrade which is on par with EG or G&G.AFPOS used to be a SF affiliated vendor, but they stopped right around the time they became unable to sell AS Exclusives outside the EU. I think they...
My rotation of shoes includes the following and if needed I could pare it down to this five exclusively: 1) Black cap toe quarter brogue 2) Mid-Brown adelaide 3) Dark brown austerity brogue 4) Dark brown suede split toe blucher w dainite sole 5) dark chestnut balmoral boot w/ polo suede upper The suede split toe bluchers and balmoral boots go perfectly fine in business casual and can be worn with jeans. The mid-brown adelaides do fine with business casual as well. ...
Among the shoes I have I'd rank them as follows based upon quality of materials:C&J HandgradeAS ExclusiveC&J benchgradeAldenAEI'd say it's a pretty linear from top to bottom in terms of the drop off between each of my ranks, although the Alden to AE is the biggest drop off and C&J Handgrade and AS Exlcusive are probably the closest.Good luck.
From my perspective the biggest issue is keeping up on the details of the outstanding MTOs that are ongoing. It's a shame if we'll never see another MTO through AFPOS. But it's critical to see the updates all in the same place.If this is tied to the new AS policy on out of market shipping it's a real disaster and AS is only making the situation worse.
The AFPOS threads are now gone, both the Affiliate Thread and the MTO thread. Yet, on the same day I received my Charlton in suede on dainite- from the Country Line which isn't banished by the Exclusive restrictions, even though the liner says Exclusive on it. I believe AFPOS photos are of my particular shoes. The pics went up yesterday in my size and the notice that they were shipped went out the day before; received this morning by 9:30am. Their incredible service...
Curious removal of both their regular and MTO threads.
David, Any chance of adding a Cornell University tie? Thanks, Eugene
I was corresponding with AFPOS on another matter and inquired about the Blakes. They are on schedule for March delivery.I did not ask about future MTO runs for us.And, I too am in for the Keats in oxblood (I believe) with the same color suede throat on a HG last made to Exclusive specs. We were 2 of 3 so far from what I recall.